• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Lid Lovers

I haven't tried the Claws yet... any insights on this disc? Looks like a Polecat. I'm usually a stickler for 150g weights and I see the weight range listed on the Yikun site as 160-176.

I tried out the Claws recently and I liked it. It flies pretty much identically to the Polecat but with the "rings of hendricks" on the top which I really like coming from an ultimate background. I have another Yikun disc that I bag, a Tiger Line Wings. The Tiger Line plastic on the Wings and Claws could not feel more different. The Wings is fairly stiff and chalky but really cheap feeling whereas the Claws is softer and slicker but doesn't feel as cheap. They both seem to ding up really easily but the Wings has retained it's stability better then any other baseline I have tried. I haven't kept the Claws in the bag long enough to find out if it holds up as well. (as an aside don't think I don't like the Wings because of my description of the plastic. It is an amazing disc which to me flies like a baby Condor).

I am keeping my Polecat over the Claws simply for a couple reasons. The Polecat is made in the US which I like (but I don't require). The Polecat is available in three plastics and a wider range of weights and I have a stack of them.

I am going to experiment this weekend with replacing my 175g Sonic with a 150g Polecat and I want to experiment with an R-Pro Polecat has my jump putt disc since I have heard they hit and stop quicker then DX.

I hated the claws. I thought I loved it at first and I was wrong.

Feels polecat-ish. Grips shallower in the hand. Plastic is waxy junk.

You could pair it with its premium plastic clone, the lockjaw, to cover both polecat and rhyno shots. The claws in premium is beefy.

Neither made the cut to stick it out long term, though I admit I was intrigued at first.

Condor a disc that flies so slow it's shadow blocks out the sun such a purely majestic disc needs more mention

I hated the claws. I thought I loved it at first and I was wrong.

You could pair it with its premium plastic clone, the lockjaw, to cover both polecat and rhyno shots. The claws in premium is beefy.

Neither made the cut to stick it out long term, though I admit I was intrigued at first.

I've had a similar experience with your old premium plastic lockjaw. It's a beefcake... The Rhyno comparison is a legit, the lockjaw flies like a Rhyno with glide. Damn near threw an ace my first day out with it, now I fall in and out of love with it often (right now it's out of the bag). It is very nice for wooded hyzer flip shots that need to hook up at the end of flight.

Got to throw a superhero today, courtesy of Martin dewgarita. Showed me around the course, which was pretty cool.

Love at first throw. Way more hss than the doggy style and the plastic is much better too. I threw it on an upshot after his dog brought it to me and I think he thought I was joking, haha...

Seriously though. Wasn't expecting it to fly like that. I didn't really mind the weight either. I prefer a heavier disc to feel the nose pull around on touch shots.

Where can I buy these in heavy weights rather than the 140g stuff?

Last edited:
After 3 months of zephyr only rounds I went on a road trip this week and took my regular bag. Other than a few times throwing nose up I can definitely see my form has improved. In fact it was nice not to think about what should I throw on this hole....it was just the zephyr. Monday I'm playing an ultimate only tournament. Other than getting used to gripping the giant disc it doesn't fly too different than the zephyr.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 10.49.42 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-07-02 at 10.49.42 PM.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 44
Yeah but the grip on the ultimate lids is so much different that it messes me up. I love Ultra-Stars (on and off the course) but the deep grip is vastly different than almost everything else I own.

But watching Ultra-Stars glide slowly through the trees is truly a thing of beauty. That sight alone makes me put up with the awkward grip.

Domromer- I have found some slight differences in the ultimate lids. The Innova Pulsar I have seems to be slightly less stable compared to my Ultra-Stars. And I used a Wham-O ultimate somethingorother that is more overs table than my Ultra-Stars. I will probably buy myself one or two of the Wham-Os and give them a thorough thrashing.

After 3 months of zephyr only rounds I went on a road trip this week and took my regular bag. Other than a few times throwing nose up I can definitely see my form has improved. In fact it was nice not to think about what should I throw on this hole....it was just the zephyr. Monday I'm playing an ultimate only tournament. Other than getting used to gripping the giant disc it doesn't fly too different than the zephyr.

When I started playing in the mid 70s, EVERY tournament was ultimate only. :)

It was a lot of fun, we are hoping to do another in the future. I didn't throw the ultimate disc until the 1st hole. I thought throwing the zephyr would prepare me, but they don't fly the same. Next time I'll practice with the ultrastar first.
Yeah, not the same at all... Mostly because of hand feel for me.

Yeah, not the same at all... Mostly because of hand feel for me.

The grip was crazy, i never got used to it. I pretty much just told myself to ignore and just throw. Pretty much every time I threw it like a driver, i'd throw a worm burner or throw it into a tree. But when I could make myself throw it like I was playing a game of catch then I'd have a great drive. It was a lot of fun and the pace was fact since every throw people weren't digging around for the perfect disc for each shot.

Latest posts