• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Lighter Sidewinder, or new Roadrunner?

onemilemore

* Ace Member *
So my 171 Champ Sidewinder flies too overstable for my noodle arm. I am thinking about picking up a Champ Roadrunner (163 or 165), but was wondering if I should stick with the Sidewinder and go lighter. Thoughts are appreciated.

And, yes, I searched for this and did not find anything, so my apologies if I did not search properly and people want to yell at me.

Sidewinder is a good choice. how long have you had it? have you tried diff plastics? sometimes champion is mores stable than others. Avenger SS is also a great disc for less powerful arms.

Sidewinder is a good choice. how long have you had it? have you tried diff plastics? sometimes champion is mores stable than others. Avenger SS is also a great disc for less powerful arms.

I've had it a couple months, and it just kinda meathooks on me. Probably a form issue, but I know the SW is supposed to be OK for beginners.

I am finding that lighter discs work better for me, but I don't know how light would be TOO light with this one. I was hoping around 165, but on the sites I usually shop I am finding 162 or 169...

i love me some mid 160's star sidewinders .. couldnt go wrong with a DX tho.. or like ap said a nice Leo

i love me some mid 160's star sidewinders .. couldnt go wrong with a DX tho.. or like ap said a nice Leo

I've got a Pro Leo 166 that I enjoy. Just trying to go a little longer. Lots of trees on the home course, so I am not sure about DX.

Which will hold the sweet spot longer, Champ or Star?

star sidewinder should do the trick for ya.. mine is getting a lil beat in now so starting to lose a lil fade but it will still "s" for me or i can power it down for nice and straight but mostly i use it now for long turnovers

I agree that a Sidewinder will give that S pattern. I have a DX one like that. I like to throw broken in Beasts for the S pattern and use a 160 RR and a 170 Vision for anhyzers.

roadrunners are terribly inconsistent imo... yet i've seen a lot of people on local courses flicking them. must be a flick thing.

I have a 165g Champion Sidewinder and I absolutely love it. It's overstable, but not too much. I would consider myself to have a decent arm, but I've learned to control my Sidewinder pretty well and can now mostly (but not quite all the time) get it to do what I want. I only needed about 3 or 4 rounds with it before I felt 90% comfortable with it. I would definitely recommend it!!

roadrunners are terribly inconsistent imo... yet i've seen a lot of people on local courses flicking them. must be a flick thing.

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be a tremendous amount of love for the Roadrunner on this thread, so I am going with the Sidewinder. Just agonizing over the weight to try. I am leaning toward a Star 163 from Marshall Street. Thoughts?