• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Linbrook Park DGC just minutes from Knob Hill in Franklin Park, PA

I guess I'll take a hike to see if the first three holes are done. I can't recall when it was, I'm guessing near the end of summer last year, but I took a walk back and it wasn't much further along than pictured here. I'll post any news I can glean.

Hoping to get out tommorrow to check the course. I did read on the Pittsburgh Flying Disc Society's Facebook Page that they are looking t oinstall the baskets on the front nine in April, and are looking for more sponsers of 500 dollars each to complete it. Hope they get the funding soon.

The course is SICK and getting closer to completion every day. I am the hole 3 sponsor. Get a couple friends together to split the cost and help get this course done!!

I was there a couple weeks ago when they were clearing Hole 6. Hopefully Chris will chime in here to give us better updates

Well, the work crew has been working their butts off out at the course. We are very close to being done with the front 9. All holes have been cleared on the front 9, and now we just need to grade, and flatten some of the fairways. Then we will plant grass seed and install baskets by June/July.

As of now, the front 9 is just about complete. We will be out there all day Thursday working on the course. I will be putting up some flags for the tees and pins as well. Holes 1-3 do have baskets and have been getting some use. We have the money for 8 baskets raised and are still looking for sponsors for the rest of the course.

There has been a ton of work. Most of which people will never notice.

Hole 7 is epic!!.

If anyone wants to check it out send me an email at deitzel at hotmail.com or on here.

I'll get some new photos tomorrow.

Hole 6 is cleared. Just need to cut a few trees on Hole 8 tomorrow. And flatten the fairway on 5. As-is the front 9 is finally walkable/playable.

We will be having a fund-raising event here in very soon. I am always open to show people around the course. Just send me a message. Good things are happening. I know it's been a long wait, but it will be well worth it. Next year we will get the back 9 finished. And then hopefully concrete tees by 2014. We will be ordering tee signs in a few weeks, once we get the distances, and set the tees/pins exactly where we want them.

The par for the front 9 is 32.

Here are 2 pictures from a week or so ago on hole 7:

You are looking down a pretty big hill from the long tee. The hole throws down out about 350 feet then you curves left over another steep hill and down to a flat fairway that is about 300 feet long to the green tucked away in some large pine trees.

The teepad has since been flattened, the green extended 75 feet, and a remarkable amount of clearing has been done. It has been long work in progress. Big thanks to KB Clark #284 who has been out there every day with me working on this course. I can't wait to play the fist complete round with baskets!!

1-3 are in fairly good shape with baskets and has been playable for a few months. You should check it out.

Attachments

• P1060744.jpg
    P1060744.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 24
  • P1060745.jpg
    P1060745.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
before and after. the first picture is zoomed in but you can still get an idea of what has been done.

Attachments

• P1050874.jpg
    P1050874.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 21
  • P1060744.jpg
    P1060744.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hole 8 - ~350 feet.

An elevated tee pad, with a gradual downhill slope to the green. Fairway curves slightly right and into the woods around the 175 foot mark.

The first picture is from the tee. The large tree in the center of the photo is where the fairway turns right into the woods. The second picture is taken from that tree.

Attachments

• P1060801.jpg
    P1060801.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 21
  • P1060798.jpg
    P1060798.jpg
    148.7 KB · Views: 19
These next photos are from a few months ago. This is Hole 7, once you start making the right curve, about 450 feet or so from the tee. There is another downhill to a flat area about 300 feet long back to the pin.

These photos show us clearing the fairway towards the green. This hole is now completed. I will post new photos this week. This hole turned out more beautiful than I could have ever hoped. Prepare to unload your bag when you get to hole 7's long tee.

Attachments

• P1050974.jpg
    P1050974.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 17
  • P1050975.jpg
    P1050975.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 16
  • P1050976.jpg
    P1050976.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
The first 9 baskets have been paid for. We will hopefully have them installed with some temporary tee-signs in the next 2 weeks. I would like to thank our sponsors of the front 9.

The Merriman Family
Pittsburgh Flying Disc Society
The Muchicko Family
AA Scholze
Full Pint Brewing Company
Scholls Bicycle Centers
Homer Clark
Scott McIntyre with the Steelers ticket raffle
The players of the 2011 Haunt on the Hill

These people have made the purchase of the fist 9 baskets possible. Thank you so much.

Played Linbrook today with practice baskets on 4-9 & this course is going to be a destination spot. Chris & Lori were kind enough to show me the intended routes so I had a feel of where to throw. There are some great challenging and scenic holes. And from what i hear the back nine is going to be even better.

Hole 7 is TREMENDOUS! It has to be close to 900' of downhill bombing fun. I wanted to empty my whole bag on this tee!

The practice basket was installed yesterday and the holes for Hole 9 were dug. I will be out there today digging the rest of the holes for the front 9. Should be able to order the baskets on Friday.

Slight delay. Locks are on backorder.

So June 10th??? INstalling some benches this week, will brush hog and trim branches in the meantime.

SOON!!

Should have the front 9 baskets installed by Friday. Tee work was done this week. Still need some rope-saw work to do. Course will need your help once playable. Will need people to remove debris from fairways.

Baskets to be installed tomorrow. Still need to install tee signs, and some other work, but at least now people can start playing. Please feel free to clean up and work on the course as you play. 2 years of work has been put into this. You have no idea how much has been done. There were no fairways when we started, just woods.

I'll be there around 6 after work. You'll probably be headed for Knob though. Thanks again for all the hard work. Course looked amazing on my walkthrough and I can't wait to play it!