• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

List your top 5 favorite courses

You gotta get out of the Midwest man! There's a whole world out there!

:| Ummmm sounds like a humble brag that you've played in other countries... I've played De La and several courses on the West and East coast. The question was asking for my favorite, which for me, I want to play a course several times before I consider it my FAVORITE.

Furthermore, I've traveled to several other countries in Europe and Latin America but didn't consider it a priority to bag a bunch of courses so I could try to throw it in someone's face on the internet later.

My top 5:

1) Rollin Ridge
2) Harmony Bends
3) Bucksnort
4) Idlewild
5) Bailey- Like most of you I could put a half a dozen different courses here but I'd go play Bailey again in a heartbeat and I guess I prefer mountain golf to flatlands golf. (Sorry Selah, Vision Quest, etc)

:| Ummmm sounds like a humble brag that you've played in other countries...

Furthermore, I've traveled to several other countries in Europe and Latin America but didn't consider it a priority to bag a bunch of courses so I could try to throw it in someone's face on the internet later.

Damn man. He didn't even say anything about other countries. And even if he had, a statement of fact can be impressive without being a humble-brag. It's not like he should hide it.

elementz's comment was clearly good natured. i'm sure we can all let it blow over.

i don't think mine has changed since playing Harmony Bends a year and a half ago
1. Harmony Bends
2. Rollin Ridge
3. Ozark Mtn
4. Bailey
5. Selah Creekside

still thoroughly convinced that Harmony Bends is easily the best course i've ever played. definitely the most fun, memorable, and the most fair but demanding challenge.

Its been enjoyable reading all these updated top 5s.
It affirms that my wishlist is stacked with awesome courses to someday check out. Plus I've also added a few to the wishlist.

I'd like to see some +1000 bagger top 5s.

we've got a few but it looks like we need an update from mashnut and a list from harr0140

In no particular order, with no regard to anything I have said before, just the first 5 things that pop into my head as my favorite places to throw frisbees.

Sugaree
Highbridge
Mont du Lac
BOP
Holler in the Hills
Ozark Mountain
Trail of the Gods
I have to stop typing otherwise I'll hit 50 instead of 5...
A couple of them are extinct so they don't count...

My Most Recent Fab Five:

Flip City, Shelby, Michigan

Beaver Ranch - Conifer, Colorado

Whistler's Bend - Roseburg, Oregon

Hillcrest - Prince Edward Island

Riverside Park - St. Cloud, Minnesota

Flyboy
Selah Lakeside
Maple Hill
Highbridge Blueberry
Idlewild

The first two are my easy choices, they stand out above the rest of the courses I've played. 3-15 or so are all amazing courses that fit into different slots depending on the day you ask me.

#1 Kincaid Park (AK)

The rest, in no specific order:

Downriver (WA) * my first course
Farragut State Park (ID)
Blue Mountain (MT)
Moose Pretzel (AK)

Update:

#1 Kincaid Park (AK)

The rest, in no specific order:

Downriver (WA) * my first course
IDGC (GA)
Blue Mountain (MT)
Moose Pretzel (AK)

My top 5 are the courses I would choose to go to if everything were the same for me to get there (travel time, cost, etc). Differentiating between 5.00 rated courses is like pulling teeth. Bucksnort was just so unique it ended #1. Frost Valley has some intense elevation change set completely in the woods of the Catskill mountains. Brackett's Bluff had a little of everything including a raging river which swallowed my putter plus it was private. Harmony Bends was awesome with lots of river water in play, John Houck design using landing areas and creating alternate routes and risk/reward on most holes and a river. Selah has everything except major elevation change . . . hence the .05 deduction . . . but all the other things that Houck brings in his design and they have 4x4 golf carts for use.

1) Bucksnort (CO) (5.00)
2) Frost Valley YMCA (NY) (5.00)
3) Brackett's Bluff Original (NC) (5.00)
4) Harmony Bends (MO) 5.00
5) Selah Ranch - Lakeside (TX) (4.95)

My list has changed a little bit, as well.

Number one for me is and will always be: Blackjack!

Number two for me, whether open or extinct is without hesitation: Sugaree!

Number three - fresh love, with all the excitement it brings: Heritage Farm in Boone!

Number four - a long time favorite, one that I knew was very special before I ever got out of the car - Wintersun in Fairview NC!

Number five - listen, I've played it exactly once, may never play it again, but the now severely damaged Glenburnie course, in New Bern NC...man I've NEVER EVER thrown my WHOLE BAG, FIVE TIMES, but I SURE DID, There, one hole ONE, no less.

That's my top 5 at this point. Fond memories of each, these are the special places in my disc golfing life!

I'll be playing two of my favorite five, this weekend, so "NAH!"

Last edited:
I haven't had the benefit of playing many of the world's greatest. But I've played many of the West Coast greats. Here's my top 5

1) Riverbend DGC at Milo McIver State Park, Estacada OR (I believe this course in the BSF 36 hole layout is a straight 5.0/5.0, in it's 27 hole layout, I feel like it's a 4.8/5)
2) Stafford Lake Park - Novato, CA
3) Diamond X - Billings, MT
4) Whistler's Bend - Roseburg, OR
5) Coyote Point DGC at Lake Casitas - Ventura, CA

These prettttty much line up with how I would *rate* them on the site, tinged a bit with my personal preferences.

Kind of like having kids, can't really pick a favorite so here is my five I most look forward to playing again.

* Kensington Toboggan (Milford, MI)
* Flip City (Shelby, MI)
* Deer Lakes (Tarentum, PA)
* Beaver Ranch (Conifer, CO)
* Peter Pan (Emporia, KS)

And four more that were right at that cut line... Blue Ribbon Pines (MN), Water Works (MO), Canyons (IL), New Quarter Park (VA). Having only been as far West as Colorado I have a lot more course bagging to do.

Only 499 miles. About 8-9 hours, unless I stop in Tulsa to play, on the way.

I've already been planning a trip to fly into KC, rent a car, and bag my way back to WI. Harmony Bends would be on that trip.

KC is a very cheap flight from Milwaukee.

In no particular order:

1. Whistlers Bend OR
2. Turtle Rock CA
3. Bailey CO
4. Renaissance Park, NC
5. Dabney OR

Is Harmony Bends worth a cheap winter flight toplay? Or should I wait until spring/Summer?

I doubt it would be in full glory but I'm sure it would still be great. Plus, you would be less likely to catch it flooded...

Only 499 miles. About 8-9 hours, unless I stop in Tulsa to play, on the way.

Or in Kansas City. But boy I'd love to play Blackhawk again!

Latest posts