• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Looking for a bigger bag

My current setup is a Fade Crunch bag with back pack straps and I am quickly running out of room. I recently started getting back into disc golf more frequently as I have a damn good course just nearby in Rockwall, TX. Anyways, I need a new bag and I was wondering if you guys have any suggestions.

I'm looking to spend around $60 or so. In that price range, I have found a Dynamic Discs Soldier bag and a Fade Tourney that I really like. I cant complain about my Fade Crunch bag other than that it is too small now for my disc collection.

Any thoughts?? Or other suggestions near in price?

If you are looking to get the most bang for your buck you should look into used disc golf bag sales on Facebook, here, or read the thread about modifying backpacks. Specialized disc golf bags are ridiculously priced to begin with, so 60 bucks won't get very far in the new category.

DD Soldier, Fade Tourney and Innova Competition bags all fall into that price range and hold around 20 discs or so. They're all decent quality, have two water bottle pockets and two side pockets, a putter pocket, and attachments for backpack straps. In that price range, you really can't go wrong.

DD Soldier, Fade Tourney and Innova Competition bags all fall into that price range and hold around 20 discs or so. They're all decent quality, have two water bottle pockets and two side pockets, a putter pocket, and attachments for backpack straps. In that price range, you really can't go wrong.

The Soldier looks nice for the price/features it has. Innova makes nice bags for the money and will last too.

I am considering to switch to the Solider to add a little more space than my current bag has and to add straps to it as well. I don't need a full on backpack style bag carrying capacity. That would be overkill to tote on my home course.

I am just getting tired of my shoulder strap bag that is always trying to slip off my sweaty shoulder AND make me walk funny trying to hold this thing on.

My back and my opposite hip starts to nag after walking crooked through multiple rounds a day.

If you are willing to go the diy route check out the thread below. I picked up the $35 target bag linked half way through and did the same pvc frame (very easy to do) and am very happy with it. I can put 15 in the main compartment and 2 in the putter pocket. There are 2 good size drink holders and enough storage under the discs for a sweatshirt.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95534&highlight=diy

I just upgraded from the Innova standard bag to the DD Soldier w/straps. Only used it for a few rounds but the bag seems very well made and it is quite comfortable, especially with the backstraps. I'd love a grip but just not willing to fork out the cash at the moment, and the Soldier seemed like a nice middle ground.

These are three good suggestions.

I would add...

DGA Elite Shield Bag (available in two colors)

Innova Deluxe Bag (available in three colors)

I switched to a Fade Tourney. Really like its putter pocket and the U disc insert with the moveable dividers. Decent insulation if you turn part of main bag into a cooler for hot rounds. (And the camo is bad ass of course)

The Fade Tourney is a great option. You can use your backpack straps on it, as well. I have a Soldier and a Fade Tourney, and have yet to switch over to the Soldier. The main reasons are that I like the putter / mini pouch setup on the front a lot more for tournament and league rounds. The Fade also just seems to have a bit more structured u-channel for the discs. I've heard people say Fade's don't last very long, so quality could be an issue. However, I've used mine pretty heavily this year and it seems to be holding up just fine, so far.

If you haven't done anything yet, the Gateway tournament backpack( I think it is called the Ozark backpack) is a great deal and is around your price range. If you call up to the shop and talk to Danny, and tell him Landon sent you, he will probably throw in a few discs. They like to throw in a few discs when you purchase things straight from the shop.

2 buddies just got Fade Tourneys on Amazon for $49 OTD and are happy with them. From research, it seems to be the best value for a big bag.