• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Looking for Putter similar to Champion Classic Roc

Check out the Innova Colt when it's released. Basically, just slightly lower profile with a beefier rim.
Classic Roc 176.0 21.2 2.0 1.2 19.4 0.9
Colt 176.0 21.2 1.8 1.3 19.0 1.1

Glow CCR's are available with flat tops. They aren't quite as stable as the old ontarios but if you're not powering them up I'm not sure you'd notice. For me they were too different over that 150 ft mark to have them replace my Ont CCR's. They are a CFR disc and the only place I can think of off the top of my head is Disc Golf Values. Might run around $18-$22.

DD Suspect gets my vote.

Since the Chief only came in DX glow, I'm thinking maybe this, the Salient Vaccine, or wait for the new Innova Colt to come out in champion plastic (probably not gunna happen)

But for now I think I'll just keep looking for another CCR.

With your classic Roc being 10 yrs old, I would imagine it's not as stable as its flight ratings suggest. That being said, the Envy is awesome. It's just slightly more stable than the Pure, slightly shallower rim, but much better in the wind.

the have star classic rocs at the innova store... maybe that might be similar (since you were using a super beat in CE champion classic).

Those newer stars are domey pig slop compared to the Ontario champs or 05 star run. Stick with your champ or get an early star... I have one of each and rotate them regularly. For some strange reason, my long straddle putts are twice as likely to go in with a Classic Roc than any other 'putterish' disc. It's also an awesome driver if you need straight 90% of the way with a slight fade at the end ranging out to about 260-270'.

Pure is 3 3 0 1. Definitely not overstable, just what I would consider stable.

I find the pure more prone to wind-induced turn as well as not flattening out of a flex-shot as well and/or as early as the classic roc. I started with a 149g 2005 star before I found a max weight one and the 149g was surprisingly resistant to turn for it's weight without much fade thrown flat. Even more so than the max weight Pures I have thrown.

As a lover of the CR I must say the DGA Breaker is an excellent alternative to dishing out $40-100 for a Ontario tooled Classic Roc. The breaker comes in a star-like and champ-like plastic. It is small diameter, very flat, and very stable.

Breaker vs. Classic Roc Dimensions

Diameter: 21.0 cm vs. 21.2 cm
Height: 1.7 cm vs. 2.0 cm
Rim Depth: 1.2 cm vs. 1.2 cm
Rim Width: 1.0 cm vs. 0.9 cm
Max Weight: 173.00 g vs. 175g

Breaker x1000! The hand feel is not a perfect match, but the flights are very, very similar.

Latest posts