• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Masters Cup Broadcast

It looked like the wind picked up just as McBeth was in his putting motion, I'm stoked for Ricky but I would have enjoyed watching a playoff.

That was awesome down to the wire action. I'd have enjoyed being there to spectate for sure. Jeezuz that was good!

Great video and commentary by Terry and Ricky. Well done, keep that up. I really enjoy having a top pros perspective for commentary. It is so much more insightful and interesting to listen to.

And Terry didn't interrupt the winners celebration this time!! I'm not kidding, I appreciate your restraint and proffesionalism :D truly

I enjoyed Rick's commentary. His public speaking is becoming more polished as he grows as a pro and the face of his brand. He is also very humble which i enjoy most of all about his commentary. Well done.

I enjoyed Rick's commentary. His public speaking is becoming more polished as he grows as a pro and the face of his brand. He is also very humble which i enjoy most of all about his commentary. Well done.

Agreed. Ricky is a good kid. We should all be fans.

kind of laughable all the comments of people saying they are going to unsubscribe in the pre-round interviews.

You wouldn't patronize me now would you? You're making it a black and white issue, that's great for a debate, but not the real world. You're looking at the data and drawing a very interesting conclusion. A player has four bogies through a round, all on different holes, and that is the same as dropping four stokes on one hole, late in a round, where you can't possibly recover. The two situations are vastly different, but by numbers, in a flat sense, they look the same. In each case, the player dropped four stokes. You need a better metric. Number of strokes dropped per hole over a round is a bad measure. Number of stokes dropped in the last four holes of the final round is a better measure. The place where I started. I added in feel, simply because, well, the awful wilt aside, you can feel it. Turning on my magical make you watch video mind tool, go back and listen to the commentators. They are befuddled when this happens, it is clearly striking. All commentators point out when these top guys miss putts they normally hit, and drive weirdly. This is different, the number of strokes dropped in so little time has an impact, dare I repeat, you can feel it.

There is a lot of black and white going on here. "You're saying RW is a choker, RW has a reputation as a choker, and RW is a God, how can you not see that?" None of the above. RW is a supremely talented player, who on occasion, late in a round, loses several strokes in short order. It typically happens when he is at or near the lead, and in the cases where it happens, he doesn't wind up winning. Tisnt just my opinion, there's much discussion of the tendency, by both casual and non-casual commentators. It is numbers that can't be denied, but you can feel it too. Any one who tells me you can't feel a fail or a win needs to check their OS, the emotion routine isn't running.

True confession -- my wife says that about me. Yes, I do see a lot of things as either black or white, because I think most things in life are. Usually when I qualify or explain what I am saying people tend to understand and sometimes even agree with me.

No patronizing at all -- I think you're cool and like our discussions. I am not saying Ricky is a God, not at all. I was just hoping to get to the point of coming to an agreement on something less than "...he is a ____...," to "...it's happened sometimes that____...." Simply because I think labeling like that is a more sweeping generalization meaning you believe that will happen more often than not. Rick is not the 1990s Buffalo Bills.

I think we're both fine now (I know I am) in that you've now qualified it to mean, Ricky has on occasion lost several strokes in short order [and I'll add what I think you're saying here], and on the biggest of stages. Lyle my man, I can buy that no problem. Likely I can buy that because who in competitive sports can we not say that about? What you're saying now ("wilting" on occasion) has happened to Tiger Woods, Tom Brady, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Serena Williams, Peyton Manning, Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer, Rory McIlroy, Phil Mickelson, and on and on -- the greatest of the greats. They've all on occasion made some mistakes in the biggest of stages at the crunch time of competition and cost themselves a chance to win. And Ricky is too young to even be in that conversation yet for disc golf, but I'm sure Ricky would feel good about comparisons to those names. To me, for all of them, it's just that looking at their entire career, IMHO, says that it's not reasonable to generalize them into a wilter/choker category. You can say -- and I will say that it's happened to them sometimes, that they wilted or "choked" or whatever you wanna call it. I've just didn't see it as a generalization like I first thought was meant by it.

amazing disc golf! what an amazing battle! smashboxx did great with the final round it was cool with the Ricky commentary. Man we are in for some good disc golf this year. Paul and Ricky seem to be on another level.

amazing disc golf! what an amazing battle! smashboxx did great with the final round it was cool with the Ricky commentary. Man we are in for some good disc golf this year. Paul and Ricky seem to be on another level.

Ricky was 9 & 13 strokes ahead of 3rd and 4th places. That's pretty crazy. And a big seperation for the top.

McBeast & Ricky are amazing. Just wow.

Also I tried really hard to avoid spoilers but. . Took zoo long. I got spoiled...

Also having Rick on was a spoiler. . But great coverage

I didn't think so. And after ricky took that bogey 4 to give Mcbeth the 2 strokes and the lead. I thought it was over. And after mcbeths and wysockis drives on 18... I still didn't think wysocki was going to win.

Only gonna disagree on one thing, in life only one thing is black and white, and yes, we should all brush our teeth. Everything else is grey, unless I'm debating my wife, then my opinion is black, and hers is white.... Do agree, Ricky is amazing.

True confession -- my wife says that about me. Yes, I do see a lot of things as either black or white, because I think most things in life are. Usually when I qualify or explain what I am saying people tend to understand and sometimes even agree with me.

No patronizing at all -- I think you're cool and like our discussions. I am not saying Ricky is a God, not at all. I was just hoping to get to the point of coming to an agreement on something less than "...he is a ____...," to "...it's happened sometimes that____...." Simply because I think labeling like that is a more sweeping generalization meaning you believe that will happen more often than not. Rick is not the 1990s Buffalo Bills.

I think we're both fine now (I know I am) in that you've now qualified it to mean, Ricky has on occasion lost several strokes in short order [and I'll add what I think you're saying here], and on the biggest of stages. Lyle my man, I can buy that no problem. Likely I can buy that because who in competitive sports can we not say that about? What you're saying now ("wilting" on occasion) has happened to Tiger Woods, Tom Brady, Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant, Serena Williams, Peyton Manning, Novak Djokovic, Roger Federer, Rory McIlroy, Phil Mickelson, and on and on -- the greatest of the greats. They've all on occasion made some mistakes in the biggest of stages at the crunch time of competition and cost themselves a chance to win. And Ricky is too young to even be in that conversation yet for disc golf, but I'm sure Ricky would feel good about comparisons to those names. To me, for all of them, it's just that looking at their entire career, IMHO, says that it's not reasonable to generalize them into a wilter/choker category. You can say -- and I will say that it's happened to them sometimes, that they wilted or "choked" or whatever you wanna call it. I've just didn't see it as a generalization like I first thought was meant by it.

Only gonna disagree on one thing, in life only one thing is black and white, and yes, we should all brush our teeth. Everything else is grey, unless I'm debating my wife, then my opinion is black, and hers is white.... Do agree, Ricky is amazing.

I am so LMAO right now.:clap: