• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McBeth re-signs with Adidas, for money!

How true to size are the these shoes? I've been a big fan of Salomons for years, not only because they are comfortable and durable, but also because many of them have the quicklace system. I see that the Terrex seems to have a similar lace system, so I may have to try a pair of these out when I get new shoes next.

The only issue I've had with my gtx's was from user error. I didn't trim off the excess laces and the holder became pretty torn up after a round from me stepping all over it. If I could find a new set of the lace holders somewhere that would be great.

The dam has been broken finally! Basically if you run the numbers with the amount of disc golfers buying shoes and if they lean towards paul's lineup that's serious cash for Adidas.

It is easy to say that he is making the company some serious money. Both in immediate sales and potential long term customer/life customer sales... that's huge!

Alright ricky, simon, nikko, etc.., its your turn to talk to Nike, keen, etc..!!!!!

That's cool. Can anyone recommend a pair of waterproof Adidas with durable toes? I've got a pair of terrex fast x gtx that I blew through the right toe real quick from my forehand toe drag. Never had that issue with Keens. Glad to see Adidas stepping up here.

I was forehand exclusive for about 3 years and I never found a pair of shoes that could stand up for more than a few months of golf. I did however run across a product called Tuff Toe which is marketed to baseball players and that stuff worked like a charm. For 20 bucks you can get a tube of this stuff that is pretty damn resilient. Application is pretty straight forward and you gtet about two uses out of one tube. It works on any type of footwear too.

I'm not Paul, but I did interview him for this article. I asked him a similar question, but it hit the cutting room floor, as it were. He said that, for the time being, a signature shoe was not likely because they have a minimum production number of somewhere around 10,000 for something like that. With adidas Terrex running more our of its online storefront and less in big box retailers, it's not something that makes sense at the moment.

They could always silkscreen some logos on a Terrex. Kind of like the Japan Open Keens. What were those called? Kuzo or something? Had a little DG Basket logo on the side. It'd be kinda nifty. Could do a "McBe4st" logo with a DG Basket...

How true to size are the these shoes? I've been a big fan of Salomons for years, not only because they are comfortable and durable, but also because many of them have the quicklace system. I see that the Terrex seems to have a similar lace system, so I may have to try a pair of these out when I get new shoes next.

I'm a 12 in all types of shoes. I have had issues with Adidas size 12 in the past. Particularly the Kanadia, they run small for sure, and I had to scrap a pair of them because they were painfully small. I own the Terrex Swift R GTX Shoes and they seem to be true to size. Maybe slightly smaller than my Nike 12s, but no big toe touching or discomfort when playing.

Just ordered some terrex swift r from adidas site. Had a few discount codes and got them for 66$ shipped. Ordered a size 12. Hopeing this is the first ever adidas shoe thats fits me lol. The narrow toe box on most of their other shoes just doesnt work for me

Just ordered some terrex swift r from adidas site. Had a few discount codes and got them for 66$ shipped. Ordered a size 12. Hopeing this is the first ever adidas shoe thats fits me lol. The narrow toe box on most of their other shoes just doesnt work for me
Wow. That's cheap. Please keep us updated. I wear a 13 and have narrow shoe problems as well.

Like any shoe, it will be a bit scary when you first put it on. I had some uncomfortable/painful areas in upper lace area and the standard pressure you get from any new shoe in the rear ankle support. It was my first draw sting shoe and I had to figure out the right pressure so they were comfortable. They broke in rather quickly and they are great now.

Are you guys playing a ton of wet rounds? The GTX didn't breathe well enough for me and we don't get many rainy days in Socal. But being fairly fashion conscious, I'm still drawn to Adidas's style over Keens or Merrells. (Modern hiking boots are an aesthetic mess.) The Response Boost trail running shoes, on the other hand, look like they could be sold at an Adidas Originals store. Bonus that the Boost cushioning is money.
I have 2 pairs of the Trail:

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/AgronInc/S77776_L34O?$dwZoom$

And one of the Riots:
https://www.nerunningco.com/wp-content/uploads/riot-boost.jpg

The slight mid, gives a hint of ankle support (as much as a compression sleeve).

Wow. That's cheap. Please keep us updated. I wear a 13 and have narrow shoe problems as well.

Yeah i will update when they arrive. I wear a true 12 but alot of times have to go up to a 13 because of the toe box.

Im pretty stoked for these as i love adidas clothes. All of my workout clothes are adidas but had to wear new balance shoes for the comfort.

Just love the style of these shoes. Completely destroys other brands. We will see how the car tire sole holds up lol

I play a lot of early rounds. And in my area, that means a lot of wet grass. They keep out the moisture, but I agree they don't breath really well. I always change socks between rounds for tourneys so they work well for me.

These are existing models, I think the 10,000 number goes towards development of a new model. Gotta have a large enough run to offset the initial R and D of getting it off the ground.
True but I was more thinking a signature edition of an already existing shoe. Maybe some special colors or something.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Alright ricky, simon, nikko, etc.., its your turn to talk to Nike, keen, etc..!!!!!

Keen already sponsors several top pros, including Nate Doss and one or two other big names. They also had a pretty big presence at 2014 Worlds, with basket ads and large banners stuck along the walkways between holes

Latest posts