• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mersch Pond DGC

Mr Mirth

Birdie Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Mersch Pond is my home course: 9 holes with 5 baskets set on ~2.75 acres. At 2280' it can be played with putters and mids although fairway drivers can be handy on a few holes.

Overview:
fH1Ch.jpg

#1 "Right On!" 310'
f8wGc.jpg

#2 "Beeline to Compost Alley" 270'
4DMfE.jpg

#3 "Dam Narrow" 255'
ag4LF.jpg

#4 "Little Clipper" 215'
yGyxA.jpg

#5 ""Right at water level" 210'
rPj0F.jpg

#6 "Pine Gap" 185'
xGViK.jpg

#7 "Burnt Tree Garden" 270'
HdDnH.jpg

#8 "Whoa the water, Woe is me!" 320'
x2nRE.jpg

#9 "Damn Right" 240'
R9amR.jpg

Thanks, they are.
Here's some description:

#1 "Right On!" tees from the driveway: a 310' forced left to right with basket protected along the right side fairway by low hanging trees. Too much right and your approach is obstructed, not enough and left downhill.

#2 "Bee line to Compost Alley" is 290' mostly open straight shot with mando-power pole that forces you into the alley. Too much right gets you OB while too much left risks terrible rough beyond fence line. 5' elevation drop left of the basket questions your approach.

#3 "Dam narrow!" is 255' with elevated tee flying over a 6' wide fairway bordered by water on right, and sloping rough on left. For this shot, anything less than tee to green is severely punished.

#4 "Little Clipper" is 215', tees from waters' edge and straight with elevated basket protected on right by low hanging trees, forces a slight right to left, which can leave you out for your putt.

#5 "Right at water level" is 210', teeing from below the dam with a left to right line; too right and you're sunk, too left and you're sunk. The baskets is protected by trees all around with a couple windows.

#6 "Pine Gap" is 185' with a narrowing fairway bordered on the left by trees and water, on the right by fence line and punishing rough. Hit the gap and turn left for a chance at birdie.

#7 "Burnt tree garden" is 265' mostly open over water with gaps left and right of the maple tree. ~35' diameter garden is OB.

#8 "Whoa the water, Woe is me!" is what I consider the "signature" hole. 310' with elevation, water, narrow target. It's straight tee to green essentially, though too left leaves you down behind the dam in the rough with a few windows. Too right gets wet most often.

#9 "Dam right" is a 240' slight left to right with narrow fairway bordered by water and deep rough. House is OB.

on #6 have you ever tried to go out over the pond? looks like a thumber could maybe get through for a 2. I wish I could set something up like this :thmbup:

on #6 have you ever tried to go out over the pond? looks like a thumber could maybe get through for a 2. I wish I could set something up like this :thmbup:

I've thought it, but never tried. There's so little window to get out over the water. I wouldn't be averse to seeing someone else try it first though!
:D

Love'em! :D
I find them to be indispensible features / hazards of a good course. In this case though, they're unavoidable, given the pond takes up a good bit of the ~2.75 acres.

i like your course man!

nice course

love the course, i live on long island, where of course there isnt one course, so i have a house upstate,ny where i have 2 acres and i fit like 2 holes. btw i love the course and have you ever gone fishing in the pond:thmbup:

Hey thanks!
I love this kind of stuff. I find myself not infrequently surveying where ever I go and imaging shots or courses (I suspect many of us do), and I enjoy when someone shares their personal "home made" vision.
And yeah, there's fish in that pond, a few discs too; lots of bass, bluegill, a Buzzz, Panther, Banshee Firebird...
;)

is that "home course" your home?

Latest posts