• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mid-Atlantic tour..

plastic_fondler1

Eagle Member
Hello,

I'm leaving today for a 2 week tour of MD/DE/PA courses before the seneca tourney. Just wanted to check with any locals about course conditions that would change my mind or certain days for local events like weeklies. Tentative schedule:

Patapsco
Seneca
Iron Hill/Carousel/Brandywine
Tyler/Tinicom
Noch/Jordon/Little Lehigh

I've played Seneca a bunch...thats just a tune up day. I'm on the fence about kicking to the curb one of the DE courses, maybe tinicom and either Jordon or Lehigh. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Patapsco's in great shape, should be lotsa fun.

I haven't been out to Seneca, but I hear there was some damage from the blizzards, but they're getting it all cleaned up for the Soiree.

If your close and you've got time, Rockburn Branch Park in Elkridge (just off 95, south of Baltimore) is a fun, challenging, and scenic course, and Druid Hill Park in Baltimore is a good time too (especially if you can find a guide to play the X holes).

Thanks...rockburn is our end of the day happy hour course in MD. I've played there a bunch too and enjoy it. I might be hitting up Druid too if time allows. Looks like the X holes start after regular 6 and then end at regular 7? I love the X-hole concept of mix and match. First saw it up at Cordorus.

plastic_fondler said:
Thanks...rockburn is our end of the day happy hour course in MD. I've played there a bunch too and enjoy it. I might be hitting up Druid too if time allows. Looks like the X holes start after regular 6 and then end at regular 7? I love the X-hole concept of mix and match. First saw it up at Cordorus.

There are 6 x-holes on the front nine. They can be easily accessed after playing Hole 4, you play all 6 x-holes on the front then come out and play 5. The remaining 3 x-holes are located on the back after hole 12, play them then resume play on hole 13.

The walk between x1 and x2 is not marked well and is somewhat long, a guide is helpful here. x4 had a large tree fall in the only real gap, it's still playable but somewhat of a crap shoot.

If your going to make it to Druid, you should really try and hit triples. It's a weekly event starting 2 hours before sunset every thursday and a big ol party. Other weeklies in the area include: calvert dubs on Tuesday, Wednesday doubles at seneca and rockburn, sunday dubs at calvert.

If you need a guide hit me up on the pm, but sadly I'm stuck in the cube till about 5 everyday... I can also be a guide for the bar scene if you would like as I am a resident to Baltimore but I think I remember you saying you lived here for sometime? DGR meet at Brewer's Art?

-Greg

Edit: Looks like you've already left. Hope your having a blast!

plastic_fondler said:
Hello,

I'm leaving today for a 2 week tour of MD/DE/PA courses before the seneca tourney. Just wanted to check with any locals about course conditions that would change my mind or certain days for local events like weeklies. Tentative schedule:

Patapsco
Seneca
Iron Hill/Carousel/Brandywine
Tyler/Tinicom
Noch/Jordon/Little Lehigh

I've played Seneca a bunch...thats just a tune up day. I'm on the fence about kicking to the curb one of the DE courses, maybe tinicom and either Jordon or Lehigh. Any comments or suggestions are welcome.

Let me know when you do Jordan or Little Lehigh...i will try to get in a round with u...i live 45 minutes north...

Thanks for the great druid park info. I might have to hit the TNT on Thurs next week. Might hit Druid or DE courses today. Got a chance to play rockburn, seneca and patapsco. Patapsco long to long is fun. Kinda open for east coast woods...but kinda tech with emphasis on power. I really enjoyed the long positions that turned holes into easy par 4's. Even had a few position layup off the tee holes and then crushes on your second. Both Patapsco and Seneca have that brutalizing feel towards the end as each hole is kinda dejavu. Green power coated baskets are sweet looking...just hard to find for first timers. Wonder smells of trees blooming around here. Great stuff...

Thanks for the guide offers...I may hit you up Mike if I make it up to your area...but its going to be early mid week if anytime. Greg, I'd love to have a beer at brewers art...depending on where I stay I might be right near on St. Paul. However, after last night in DC I'm still putting the pieces together. Enjoying the east of the Mississippi beers that I can't get out west. Brooklyn IPA and 60mins last night.

cheers!

might be one day late for druid. Something from brewers put a nasty hang on me on Sunday :lol:

Tyler is is a wonderful course. I'd love to play that two days...all short then all long. The beginning section and 19/20 remind me of oregon in a way. It was 25+ wind, so some positions even in B were brutal fun. I can't believe I lived in this area before and never played. I'd love this course as my home course. Great signage. I only picked up two dozen butts in 12 holes...so better than some. Almost 2'd hole 27 to end in the B I think. Lots of ace runs. Very defined par 4/5's. Some cackalaky style.

I've determined that allentown area requires at least two days of my time. Next trip back in Sept. for that...hopefully blue mt will be open too. Rents garden and garage finishing took priority.

Latest posts