• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Milky Pearly Crazy Overstable 11x Eagle X

Several if the 11x eagles were stupid overstable, we called them feagles (firebird/eagle).

Science just taught you about PLH and it's effect on stability. Your white eagle cooled differently. Look at the nose of the red disc. See how much taller and more rounded it is than the white eagle. That's one of the dead giveaways.

I seriously can't believe I'm doing this. The five degree angle distinction and taller profile of the Banshee is not accounted for in cooling. There is less variation between an Orc profile and a Starfire than this 5°!!!! angle variation between the white EX Misprint that perfectly matches the profile of either Banshee it is compared to.

The four pics from top down...I really can't tell if you are kidding or not.
1) White EX Misprinted Banshee compared to Red "Beat" Banshee
2) White EX Misprinted Banshee compared to White "Fresher" Banshee (notice the notch on both)
3) The stamps of the discs used in the first 2 pics
4) White EX Misprinted Banshee compared to Blue EX (EX mold that matches every other EX mold I have)

In other words, every profile on this page matches except the blue EX on the fourth row. The white eagle on the left of the top two rows is a misprint.

IMAGE_3372D539-1063-4285-BD12-263056720A96.JPG

A 5° distinction in the pitch or angle of a profile is a massive variation not a subtle variation. The flight of this eagle is not subtle variation as in DX, Star, Champ, KCP, Taffy CE, Butterscotch CE, Opaque CE of which I have all of these. The flight is identicle to a Banshee and the profile is. My point in this thread was a simple observation that I have had two milky white pearly mistamped EX's that are actually Banshees. This is not some lunar discovery.

Science just taught you about PLH and it's effect on stability. Your white eagle cooled differently. Look at the nose of the red disc. See how much taller and more rounded it is than the white eagle. That's one of the dead giveaways.

It is an eagle no question.

Discs especially at lighter weights cool/mold differently.

You can take just about any mold from any company and compare the pitch angles like you are doing and you will find differences especially when you compare discs in different colors/weights. then when you add on them being run in different time frames it adds more possibilities.

Could they have incorrectly stamped them? yeah but not in this case. I have thrown freaky stable white ce/kc eagles. The banshee wing is wider than the eagle as well as more shallow. I guarantee if you pull out your handy scientific tools and measure the wing width and rim depth it will coincide more with the eagle

Have you tried the CE exp1 1.7? its a banshee top with eagle x wing. Seems like you may dig it.

i'm with sid and zj on this one. that's definitely an eagle, just a higher PLH. some eagles are beefy!
to me, the discs in the first two pics in the OP's last post look nothing alike.

not a banshee
/thread

Pics a mold deviations that you guys are referring to. I have a supposed eagle with a taller rim and 5° sharper pitch. I'm wanting to see if anyone has similar deviations between molds. I'm not wanting to see the difference between 12x & 11x but two discs of the same mold with visible deviations due to "cooling".

I'm legitimately interested in seeing if this is a real phenom.

pics of what? they're your discs

Are you telling me that you think that the rim comparison of the 4th pic is closer in comparison than the 1st and 2nd Pic?

The blue eagle at the bottom in my opinion is the only black sheep of the bunch.

The Red and White disc to the right on the first and second pic are Banshees.

The white disc on the left of all three pics is the Eagle in question.

i'm with sid and zj on this one. that's definitely an eagle, just a higher PLH. some eagles are beefy!
to me, the discs in the first two pics in the OP's last post look nothing alike.

not a banshee
/thread

Bust out your calipers and measure. The Eagle's rim is 17mm in width, the Banshee's is 18mm.

Looks like the disc in question is an Eagle with an above average PLH to me.

Latest posts