• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MISSISSIPPI!!!!

Adontalis

I will be spending all of July and August in Biloxi MS. Are there any MUST get to courses down there? Are there any tournaments scheduled?

Probably a bit too much of a drive from Biloxi for casual rounds, but the course in Crystal Springs, MS was a *VERY* pleasant surprise on a recent roadtrip. Definitely worth the trip if you've got the time and gas money to spare. :)

I believe most events around there are part of the Southern Nationals series. I suggest following their website for what's going on:

www.sndg.org

I've played Hiller Park in Biloxi and it was pretty fun. Lots of water there so if you don't already have a golden retriever, I'd suggesting getting one. Chickasabogue County Park is in Mobile and while short (but fun) on the first 9, the rest is on the other side of the road and there are some extremely fun shots here. It's listed as 27 holes but they had put in some additional holes in for a tourney late last year so there MAY be as many as 36 now. Well worth the drive IMO. Plus there are tons of other courses in Mobile.

In addition to the Golden Retriever...acquaint yourself with off or deet. Mosquitoes should be pretty brutal there in the humid summer.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=5595
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1113

Mobile is going to be your closest and best bet for solid courses. About an hour away from Biloxi, it's got half a dozen or so courses with decent ratings. I've played three in that city: University of South Alabama and Langan are both quality, and Cottage Hill is pretty solid, too.

Another hour east gets you to Blue Angel Park: three 18 hole courses on site combine for the single best destination in the immediate area. They're great courses that give something for everyone; if you only make one trip from Biloxi, I think it's a no brainer to make it be Blue Angels.

Hattiesburg also has some decent options from what I've heard, though I haven't been yet. It seems like it's a little over an hour from Biloxi. Paul B. Johnson up there gets talked about the most.

Beyond that, you're looking at a few hours drive to get to Jackson, which is great if you're up for making the trip.

As others have already said, Hiller is the local course. I wasn't a fan, to be honest, but wouldn't mind having it as a home course for a few months. Decent amount of variety given the terrain.

I've got reviews of many of these courses if you want some more in-depth thoughts. Enjoy Biloxi; unfortunately, it'll be HOT while you're there.

Latest posts