• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

More appropriate implement name... [poll]

Tee Pad or Yeet Pad?

• Total voters

ChrisWoj

Common Core Crusader
Silver level trusted reviewer
Vote!

Naming convention courtesy #17591

Last edited:
OP is a minor, it's a young person term. To throw/launch/expel/change location drastically or quickly or both
Not quite a minor. About 40 months from Masters. I do, however, teach which explains familiarity with the term, maybe? But really I hear it a lot from people into their 20s, and I know I heard it plenty while I still taught high school which was last 4 years ago.

Overall I think the term has some onomatopoeia feels to it. It feels very much to me like it fits the event it suggests. It also has a very fun and joyful feel to it. It doesn't sound like a word that fits "I'm gonna yeet that mother****er." It has whimsy to it.

I suppose I am a fan of the term becoming more commonplace in general. When Jamie Mosier amusedly posed the suggestion of yeet pad on Facebook I loved it. It is hilarious, fun, and I enjoy saying it on occasion just because of that.

OP is a minor, it's a young person term. To throw/launch/expel/change location drastically or quickly or both

Chris isn't a minor and I know what yeet means.

I was looking more for a story of why tee pads would be renamed, I knew there had to be something. Chris' follow up post explained it, lol.

68 here. Some references are universal with a motile mind. [emoji106][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeet pad sounds more like a brand name than an actual device.
In the words of a famous horse, "Hmmmmmm. Hmmmmmm. No, sir. I don't like it."
Would I say "I yeeted off the pad." or "You have to reyeet from the yeet pad." or "I hate slippery yeets." No thank you.

Would I say "I yeeted off the pad." or "You have to reyeet from the yeet pad." or "I hate slippery yeets." No thank you.

Not to mention short yeets, long yeets, red yeets, white yeets....

Never heard the term before and don't like it. There is absolutely no reason to call a "tee pad" anything but a "tee pad".
I detest giving cute little names to things that already have reasonable names. :thmbdown:

When I read I yeeted off the pad all I can imagine is someone launching personally off a slippery pad about 10 ft.

When I read I yeeted off the pad all I can imagine is someone launching personally off a slippery pad about 10 ft.

That's not what I thought of. I was thinking someone took a yeet on the tee pad. :sick::D

And no... I don't like it. Some of my wife's students used to yell Yeet like the annoying guy yells Yup on that storage unit show. Hard pass.

That's not what I thought of. I was thinking someone took a yeet on the tee pad. :sick::D

And no... I don't like it. Some of my wife's students used to yell Yeet like the annoying guy yells Yup on that storage unit show. Hard pass.
Students yell a lot of words in annoying ways. If I let that guide the way I use language I'd be significantly limiting myself. ;)