• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most hated disc ever...other than the Groove

They made a Regular Champion Dragon in limited run that did not float and what people found out was it is just a tiny tick less distance Valkyrie,...

I didn't know that...thanks Casey!

The Orc is a garbage mold. The only time you should throw an Orc is when you toss it into a trash can.

The Orc is a garbage mold. The only time you should throw an Orc is when you toss it into a trash can.

What don't you like about it? I won't necessarily call the Orc the best mold Innova makes, but there are PLENTY of worse ones. The Orc is a perfectly serviceable driver. It flies true to the numbers and is a good driver for someone looking to move up from a Valk to something a little beefier and faster.

What don't you like about it? I won't necessarily call the Orc the best mold Innova makes, but there are PLENTY of worse ones. The Orc is a perfectly serviceable driver. It flies true to the numbers and is a good driver for someone looking to move up from a Valkyrie to something a little beefier and faster.

And the mold is not comfortable for me, why I never bagged the mold. My brother had a Beast Original wing in DX in the 2000a nd those are a bit odd with the deep nose to wing width.

The bad mold is the Hammer/Ram as those molds back in the day pre CE or early modern Champion were made to not have flight change but the molds themselves were always changing due to retooling so it was hard to get a disc you liked.

Another mold people hate From Discraft due to the plastic type, with only Spin from the Chest or Bellybutton with wrist snap as the only big forward motion like the the mold, is the Soft X Putt'r. The plastic type gets mini concave fairly quick and the mold drops all glide it had from when disc was new. The mold is good but 30-35 putts and the mold starts the concave and the mold starts to lose glide. It is how Jawbreaker discs after 4-5 years some softer discs get concave in the rim.

Thanks to Casey for keeping the forum alive today by posting bizarro shixt on the most hated disc thread.

Am I that starved for entertainment that I'm actually reading the ramblings that Casey spews? I guess I could watch Tiger King again, God help me.

After 8 at night it's basically the Tonight Show with Casey around here lately.

Also I agree about the Orc. Sharp garbage.

I had some luck with the Orc... I hate the champion plastic Coyote.. Never could tune that thing in, it was never meant for champ

I have a star Coyote. I was it was a champ.

The Orc flies alright. It's the most uncomfortable disc in the hand though. I've never felt one that wasn't razor sharp on the bottom of the rim.

What don't you like about it? I won't necessarily call the Orc the best mold Innova makes, but there are PLENTY of worse ones. The Orc is a perfectly serviceable driver. It flies true to the numbers and is a good driver for someone looking to move up from a Valk to something a little beefier and faster.

It just never clicked for me. Tried a few and they were all junk.

This was back when Innova maxed out at Speed 10. I loved the Monster and the Beast, never messed with the Starfire nor the SL. Orc seemed like, by the numbers, it should be perfect for that middle driver slot. But after a lot of frustration, I realized they were only suitable for the wastebasket.

Then the Wraith came out and I loved loved loved it! So fortunately I never had to think about Orcs again. (Except to express my disdain ;))

I've never liked the feel of the Orc either. But I've really enjoyed the Beast, it doesn't have a sharp angle on the wing. Though, for whatever reason while I've liked the interim mold Beast, the original has always felt more comfortable.

Thanks to Casey for keeping the forum alive today by posting bizarro shixt on the most hated disc thread.

Am I that starved for entertainment that I'm actually reading the ramblings that Casey spews? I guess I could watch Tiger King again, God help me.

I am just pointing out that the only player I have ever seen with a Soft X Putt'r used wrist snap only to generate speed and thus when she switched lids she went with the Putt'r. I even gave her mine.

Another bad mold, The modern Avenger, somehow the newer versions plastics in 2010's until about the time the swirl ESP came out and Z, ESP, and Titanium was made better the Avenger would fly odd with little to no glide to the point nobody bought the mold and it was discontinued.

It just never clicked for me. Tried a few and they were all junk.

This was back when Innova maxed out at Speed 10. I loved the Monster and the Beast, never messed with the Starfire nor the SL. Orc seemed like, by the numbers, it should be perfect for that middle driver slot. But after a lot of frustration, I realized they were only suitable for the wastebasket.

Then the Wraith came out and I loved loved loved it! So fortunately I never had to think about Orcs again. (Except to express my disdain ;))

The Orc was my main driver until the Wraith came out. After that I never bagged an Orc again. AT THE TIME the Orc was probably the longest/fastest thing out. The one dis I have on Orcs is that they don't glide that well. Even when you mash one on a good flex line it tries to come down and fade too quickly. I always thought the Flash was slightly flippier and longer.

The Beast X was a better disc than the Orc too.

The speed 10 Innova I thought was junk was the star SL. That disc was a clunky, glideless turd. I can't even explain it. Just lousy. It had a bad hand feel and simply didn't want to go anywhere.

Last edited:

The speed 10 Innova I thought was junk was the star SL. That disc was a clunky, glideless turd. I can't even explain it. Just lousy. It had a bad hand feel and simply didn't want to go anywhere.

So glad it's back in Champ and GStar plastic, the Beast-X that is.

I've heard the SL is the Pro Starfire these days, I kinda like it in that plastic. But you can also add the FL to the same list here. The FL is essentially a squirrely circle of madness. I've thrown some that are meathooks that sink to the ground as quick as they can and others that might as well be listed as understable drivers.

I have a star Coyote. I was it was a champ.

The Orc flies alright. It's the most uncomfortable disc in the hand though. I've never felt one that wasn't razor sharp on the bottom of the rim.

DX and Pro Orcs aren't bad, but yeah the first step for any new Star or Champ Orc is to slide it around on the parking lot until the flash isn't razor sharp.

One of the problems with Orcs is that most people only throw the Star and Champ versions. I do bag them, but only as OS compliments. The Pro Orc is the one that really shines. Tons of glide, perfect workhorse stability new, beats into a very steady turn, these are extremely nice discs. And the DX is a completely overlooked gem. A fresh DX Orc throws like a dream with unbeatable glide, and a beat one is a great turnover disc.

I honestly had no idea they even made dx Orcs. My only experience with them is champ. I will say that I have been loving me some innova pro plastic lately. It's the grippiest imo, and will season in quicker than champ. I'm going to pick up a few pro Wraiths eventually. I will say that the Orc does work well for thumbers for me.

I honestly had no idea they even made dx Orcs. My only experience with them is champ. I will say that I have been loving me some innova pro plastic lately. It's the grippiest imo, and will season in quicker than champ. I'm going to pick up a few pro Wraiths eventually. I will say that the Orc does work well for thumbers for me.

DX Orc was super long back when it came out. However, the disc wore out so fast you might get 10 good drives with it. I had one, and I loved it for a VERY short while. Then it started flipping really bad for no apparent reason.

DX plastic does that in faster drivers. Turns flippy super fast.

The pro Orc was awesome in about 2005 or so. I remember throwing them..... and they were outdistancing everything at that time. A good pro orc was fun.

I think people just rip on the Orc some nowadays because so many other, better molds have come out since. Back in 2004-05 the Orc was the cat's meow.

DX Orc was super long back when it came out. However, the disc wore out so fast you might get 10 good drives with it. I had one, and I loved it for a VERY short while. Then it started flipping really bad for no apparent reason.

DX plastic does that in faster drivers. Turns flippy super fast.

The pro Orc was awesome in about 2005 or so. I remember throwing them..... and they were outdistancing everything at that time. A good pro orc was fun.

I think people just rip on the Orc some nowadays because so many other, better molds have come out since. Back in 2004-05 the Orc was the cat's meow.

But the older DX from 2000's was better so the molds would last longer then they do today in DX. Now it seems any mold in DX with a more pointed type rim including midrange like the Stingray will beat in very fast at about 10-20 times depending on the course type being played.

The Orc was my main driver until the Wraith came out. After that I never bagged an Orc again. AT THE TIME the Orc was probably the longest/fastest thing out. The one dis I have on Orcs is that they don't glide that well. Even when you mash one on a good flex line it tries to come down and fade too quickly. I always thought the Flash was slightly flippier and longer.

For me, both the SL and the TL were useless. Gave my SL to a buddy YEARS ago (sorry bro!). My TL is at the bottom of my stack of practice putters (over 30 down, I buy new ones every season). It never did what I wanted, yet I could never lose it :thmbdown:.

To me I never really understood why the TL and the SL were such turds. The Teebird is an awesome disc (I still bag a 2013 Avery Jenkins swirly star tour series occasionally), and is one of the discs I recommend to beginners as a first stable driver along with the Leopard. As far as the Starfire I personally skipped right over it to the Destroyer/Wraith from the Orc/Beast/Valkyrie, and I personally haven't ever thrown one. However, I never got the impression it was a bad disc.

I would have to say i hated MVP/Axiom fairway drivers.

I tried Inertia/Wrath/Volt/Amp/Tesla/Insanity/Shock/Fireball...maybe another im forgetting. They were all super flat, sometimes past flat. I hate this in a fairway driver(other than on a really OS disc like the Fireball)

I found a few Volts that have slight dome and use those but i dont bag any other mvp/axiom fairway for this reason.

For me, both the SL and the TL were useless. Gave my SL to a buddy YEARS ago (sorry bro!). My TL is at the bottom of my stack of practice putters (over 30 down, I buy new ones every season). It never did what I wanted, yet I could never lose it :thmbdown:.

To me I never really understood why the TL and the SL were such turds. The Teebird is an awesome disc (I still bag a 2013 Avery Jenkins swirly star tour series occasionally), and is one of the discs I recommend to beginners as a first stable driver along with the Leopard. As far as the Starfire I personally skipped right over it to the Destroyer/Wraith from the Orc/Beast/Valkyrie, and I personally haven't ever thrown one. However, I never got the impression it was a bad disc.

I never liked the TL either. I tried to throw one once or twice and never really "felt" it. It would turn over when thrown hard, and stall out when thrown too softly. I love the regular Teebird though. I bag one. I like the regular Starfire just fine. It flies how its supposed to.

Frankly, I don't like any of Innova's L molds.

Latest posts