• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Most hated disc ever...other than the Groove

Yeah, I've thrown most of these. Plenty of good plastic there.... I understand how one could hate the Blowfly (more for me!), or the Rask with that weird protruding step on the underside....but how do you hate a Coyote?

I hated the one I had. It was domey, very hard and slick. So maybe some decent Coyotes are out there, the one I had I hated. So maybe I could remove it if I tried it again. But I'd rather not. Buying online is just a gamble.

He does.....a wide open golf course with tiny little baskets. One that we aren't likely invited to play at.

I don't like open courses, lol. I said I don't like 3 foot wide "fairways." I know you were just being cheeky. Let's keep this thread to crappy discs. :D

Speaking of gambling online, first of all I was a newish player buying Destroyers so I was already being a boob, but I also decided that I would *buy Destroyers online*. Maybe the worst driver I've ever thrown was a yellow 175 gram Raptor Ricky that I recently got rid of that, even once I knew how to throw better, flew like a 12 3 0 4 on it's smoothest flights. Also the *worst* feeling Star plastic conceivable, felt like ESP that you stuck in the freezer overnight. I'm sure multiple people have a Worst Destroyer I've Thrown stories, but this is mine.

Speaking of gambling online, first of all I was a newish player buying Destroyers so I was already being a boob, but I also decided that I would *buy Destroyers online*. Maybe the worst driver I've ever thrown was a yellow 175 gram Raptor Ricky that I recently got rid of that, even once I knew how to throw better, flew like a 12 3 0 4 on it's smoothest flights. Also the *worst* feeling Star plastic conceivable, felt like ESP that you stuck in the freezer overnight. I'm sure multiple people have a Worst Destroyer I've Thrown stories, but this is mine.

Some of Innova's newer star plastic is just garbage. It feels like blizzard. It has air bubbles in the rim and has a choppy texture.

Destroyers are one of those discs you have to feel in your hands before you buy. They definitely aren't all created equal.

Bump because Innova just dropped the Star Wolf in the pro shop. Happy Wednesday?

I couldn't help but think of a 3P hate montage lol here's a few gems because why not:
=====

"Innova's best roller is a Cobra, your theory is invalid, the Wolf is the most useless golf disc in production. /thread."

"As soon as somebody starts talking up how much they love their Wolf, I feel like it's my humanitarian duty as a disc golfer to stop the madness in its tracks. So I've been that guy."

"Put anything on it and it turns and burns. Back off it and throw it smooth and it's a glideless turd that goes 1/2 as far as a Comet. You are a Comet guy, it will drive you totally bonkers. :|"

(worst disc besides the Groove)
"You guys realize that the more you name other discs the more I'm going to say "Wolf", right?"

"I feel like this thread is distracting people from how awful a golf disc the Wolf is. :|"

"It's too bad they don't make the Optimizer anymore so we can't have an Optimizer VS Wolf thread. That would be fun, not sure which one would "win". The Optimizer had better glide if you could somehow manage not to turn and burn it, so I'm leaning Optimizer. We could have a Wolf VS whatever that mid is that comes with the Franklin basket, they would be pretty similar . . . . . So honestly, not trying to be a jerk or anything. The disc I think the Wolf is most comparable to is the Franklin mid range disc. I think the Wolf gets the nod over it because of a wider weight range and better plastic. So I must amend my previous statement, the Wolf is the SECOND most useless golf disc I've ever thrown; it slots in just above the Franklin Midrange and just below the Optimizer."

(regarding the Spin)
"It's seriously on a short list with the Wolf of discs I've actually hated and would discourage others from throwing."

"The Wolf is really a roller disc, pure and simple. Even for low power players is flips over like a teenage girl on prom night and rolls like a Zig Zag. It's a great disc to learn a turnover roller with, and after that it's...ah, a good disc to give your buddy so he can learn to throw a turnover roller."

(10 worst)
"OK, I'll contribute:

1. Wolf
2. Wolf
3. Wolf
4. Wolf
5. Wolf
6. Wolf
7. Wolf
8. Wolf
9. 10M Brick
10. Wolf"

"The Puma was a smaller diameter disc; it was really a Panther with thumtrac. It's not nearly as flippy/worthless as a Wolf."

(favorite disc you DONT bag)
"Aviar, Magnet, Wizard, Ion, Ridge, PA1, Omega AP, APX, Mako3, Aurora MS, Cobra, Panther, Flying Squirrel, Hornet, Zombee, Leopard, XL, TL, TeeBird, Blaze, EXP1, Xtra, JLS, Heat, Apache, Wildcat, Pro Starfire, Orion LF, Orion LS, Roadrunner...

Basically everything. Except a Wolf. :|"

EDIT: @Three Putt

Last edited:
I going with any of the newest incantations of a lid. The lightweight, deep rimmed putters like the Glitch. Youngins think they are some new, revolutionary golf disc. For Christ sakes, they are just a Frisbee. Golf discs were invented so we did not have to throw a frisbee around a course. I can't tell you the times I have seen someone turn and burn one, all the while wondering what happened. Or see one hit the chains and deflect or bounce away.

I going with any of the newest incantations of a lid. The lightweight, deep rimmed putters like the Glitch. Youngins think they are some new, revolutionary golf disc. For Christ sakes, they are just a Frisbee. Golf discs were invented so we did not have to throw a frisbee around a course. I can't tell you the times I have seen someone turn and burn one, all the while wondering what happened. Or see one hit the chains and deflect or bounce away.
Tell Simon to "Get off my lawn."

Quest AT's whole line up was

.... different.

I came here to write up the Star Wolf now available, too bad it isn't yet in Halo Nexus Glow Tour Series

Never thrown a Wolf but fully endorse the Spin hate. 'Comet of putters' my ass!

(regarding the Spin)
"It's seriously on a short list with the Wolf of discs I've actually hated and would discourage others from throwing."

The Wolf filled a flippy mid slot for me for a while until I discovered five or six molds that do it better. I think I still have a few in a box somewhere... I might challenge the family to a Wolf-only round at some point. That should screw our games up for at least a week.

Quest AT's whole line up was

.... different.
That raging inferno with the dimple tits was a friggin bomber disc giving the gateway illusion a run for the money on longest driver at that time. It was unpredictable and some had razor sharp flashing and it beat into a worthless roller disc almost immediately but brand new they really did fly very very far.

That raging inferno with the dimple tits was a friggin bomber disc giving the gateway illusion a run for the money on longest driver at that time. It was unpredictable and some had razor sharp flashing and it beat into a worthless roller disc almost immediately but brand new they really did fly very very far.
I had one in the 150's that was my longest disc, before I lost it.