• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Irritating Question People Ask While Playing

Hate when noobs ask why I'm reaching for a mid instead of a nuke or katana on a 250' hole. Also they see my bag and ask why I have one, it's kinda tough to carry 15 discs by hand. When I tee off with a putter they look dumbfounded.

I HATE when people ask me to play through!

Just kidding, I don't mind being asked most things. But I do hate when people talk during my throw. And to those who dip, maybe carry around a spitter? Spit between throws?

Hate when noobs ask why I'm reaching for a mid instead of a nuke or katana on a 250' hole. Also they see my bag and ask why I have one, it's kinda tough to carry 15 discs by hand. When I tee off with a putter they look dumbfounded.

Who reaches for a Katana at a 250' hole?

:\

This can be more funny than annoying depending on who you ask and when. Snapper Pierson, Hall of Famer and proprietor of Morley Field was known to ask some of his older buddies who could handle it, "Do you inhale or exhale on your pullback?" Nothing like trying to mess with your head.

Last time I played I was at Mazarick park in Fayetteville and this raging alcoholic dude pulled up beside me on hole 1 in his 80s Astrovan. With teeth like baked beans and a 40 oz of Miller High Life in his hand he starts asking me what disc golf is. Usually I'm ecstatic to explain the game to onlookers but this dude was not the sort of guy we need playing this sport. This was confirmed when he remarked that it looked like a great drinking game. I was like yeah, it can be in the right park. Ugh, I hope that he thought I was a douche and decided to find something else to do while consuming mass quantities of cheap booze.

I don't really get upset about any of the questions that have been discussed so far, one that I do find funny though is

"Wait, you're a lefty?"

when this question gets popped we're usually 8-12 holes into a 18 hole round. I'm just wondering at that point how the person didn't notice my disc fading the opposite way of theirs every.single.time.

The only thing that really bothers me is if I'm in some sort of competition, and people want to chitchat during a hole. I don't mind at all, and will eagerly participate, between the time I hole out and the time I step to the next teebox, but in between then all I want to talk about is the disc golf being played. That's just competition though, casual rounds it's whatever.

I love when people ask "wait, where's the hole?" after a bad shank, implying that my shot was so far off course that they think I'm aiming for another basket altogether.

"what's the par on this one?" THREE! They're ALL three!

never get tired of hearing "That was a putter? holy crap..."

I only ask that if there is a head-wind, and the thrower (wind) flipped it.

I hate it when I'm asked for a beer, or a smoke...

beat me to it in the third response.

it's actually the most annoying AND the most satisfying conversation i have during a round:

them: hey buddy, can i bum a smoke from ya?
me: sure, got a quarter?
them: a quarter man? all i want is one smoke man
(funny side track this conversation usually takes:
them: "i ain't got a job man, i got no money"
me: then why the **** are you out here ****ing around playing disc golf instead of looking for a job?)
me: i don't get 'em for free, why should you???
them: *whatever man*, *stop being a **** dude*, etc....

funny coincidence, it always happens to be TDD's that ask...

/asterisks added by me at my own option to avoid another un-friendly pm.

Last edited:
'Is this outside 10m?'

if it's close enough that you have to ask, you probably don't need to jump putt.

the answer to that question is always "yes". i wish everyone i play against would jump putt all their 30 footers.

Bisco is right!!! From now on when I'm asked this I'm going to say, "Of course you are. Dude, you're like 50-60 foot out". Then I'll watch as they send a rocket over the top of the basket!:hfive:

Last edited:

ok, i LOL'd at this, and would love to take a pic of a guy at my local course that perfectly fits that profile, but i'm afraid his mug will break my camera lens.

/seriously, this guy must have a fear of running water. he REEKS.

ok, i LOL'd at this, and would love to take a pic of a guy at my local course that perfectly fits that profile, but i'm afraid his mug will break my camera lens.

/seriously, this guy must have a fear of running water. he REEKS.

great lulz. we also have "the stinky kid" at our course. i dont see him around much anymore though after he had to take a dip in the creek to get a disc. must be letting the grease build up again before playing again.

Latest posts