• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Most Over stable Disc

Dlance

Hey I wanted to see what everyone's opinion is on what is the most over stable disc. This includes drivers and fairways since I doubt midranges would make this list. The question is what is the most over stable disc that can handle any wind and as much anhyzer as possible and still come back.

Currently I bag a warhorse and have tried a stiletto and xcal but are there more over stable discs out there?

higher speed and peoples noodle arms are goin to make nuke os and stiletto seem more os

mvp's energy&limit

max weight

Obsidian Discs Splinter is the most overstable putter that i have ever thrown. Nothing really compares. Then DD Justice. Some of the old Lat 64 XXX's were really overstable. FAF Firebirds of course. And Luster PD2's. Those are something else.

Definitely the Stego. You can crank on that thing on a sky roller line into a headwind all day and it will almost immediately come back to flat and hyzer back out. I don't even see the purpose of such a disc.

Discraft Machete is up there. I bag one but I know a lot of people consider it bonkers. I find it to be the most comfortable of the highly over stable molds that I have tried.

Last edited:
Rask is overstable enough for any wind without being as dumpy as my two votes

Flat old Spirit (just got two new flat spirits, can comment later)

Metal Flake Max.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

100% Stego

The harder you throw it the more OS it gets. Nothing in the world like it. Destroyer power only dives it to the ground faster.

Next beefy I've thrown is probably a metal flake concrete slab. That thing hit the ground like it was on fire.

I have made it my mission in life to answer this question.

Putter; Stego- super OS and also glidess. The Armor runs are punishingly OS. They run out of gas and dive to the ground like a dead bird.

Midrange- Moonshine Justice, while it can be beat into have some semblance of glide it starts out as a dumb brick of a disc. I love it.

Fairway; the Tachyon 4.1LF(also most OS large diameter disc) is a pure OS hate machine. Flexes like a champ, the Moab is it's modern incarnation in champy plastic and it's either as OS or very close.

Control driver; the metal flake FAF Max, flat Diamond Spirit, and the first run C line Slab, Neutron Flare and super opaque FAF Firebirds. These are all their own brand of OS. Some have some glide, others fade harder, hard to say.

Distance drivers; first run K1 Rask(they mellowed these slightly after that), flat Opto Stilettos, and the Neutron Limit.

People will often say VIP War Horse, Fluid Enforcer or Champ Ape here too, but they have enough glide that I would put them in a slightly different category. I have also heard Nuke OS here, but I've never had one that was as OS as advertised.

Even my first run rask isnt as stupid OS as a spirit or MF max. Only gauging this on how long they will hold a turn

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

Latest posts