• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Most stable Roc3?

goaliedavid

I'm looking for a nice and stable roc3. I have a champion on and a mcpro roc3, and my champ is really straight and doesn't hold up to a wind, it flies pretty similar to my McPro, so right now I am just throwing my McPro to beat it in. but I was wondering if there was a roc3 that was pretty stable? maybe slightly overstable? I heard that there were some that were as stable as a verdict? that's what is filling the hole for me right now but I don't like the shallow rim, thats why I was hoping there was a roc3 that could fill that role.

I've heard the most OVERstable is the Gstar or Champ Glow Roc3. A local pro throws a Glow one and says its got some beef.

teh Gstar are not very OS. Pretty Stable. Just straight with a small amount of fade.

G STARS start out OS, but it beats into a tasty flight really quick and just holds that goodness.

I have a lot of Roc 3s and for sure the most OS are the Champ Glows. They are quite a bit more OS than any other Roc3, but they lack the glide of other Roc 3s as well.

O

I have a domey Orange Champ 180 that is pretty stable. Glow Champ is probably the way to get the most stability.

or just go old school rancho roc. more overstable than all roc3's imo.

I really don't think they are out there. I throw a lot of rocs and I've tried champ, Gstar, and glow and none of them were that beefy for me. Might consider a shark3.

I haven't found an OS Roc3 yet. The metal flake was the beefiest to start, followed by glow, but they all beat into straight too quickly for my taste.

Sounds like you guys need to grab some gators. I personally have found the most stable/overstable whatever you want to call it, the roc3 that I have that holds high speed lines best and still has fade, is a domey champ max weight. I prefer to use my gstar though. I have a 176 that has beaten in for great floatey drives at full speed, and if I power it down it will hit some great hyzer and s lines. If you really want a beefy roc though it needs dome I think, my champ ranchos are domed and definitely beefier than any roc3. You can buy them fairly cheap if you don't go for old ones, and they will last for many years of playing.

I was having the same problem, and have been using a Cro for that purpose. I know it's not supposed to be much more stable, but it seems less prone to wind effecting the flight probably due to the smaller flight plate. Also seems to have less turn on a flat release.

The Gator above is also a great rec, once it beats in a bit it sounds like what you want.

Glow Roc3 would be the answer. GStar Roc3s aren't overstable. Brand new mine flew straight.

Did anyone see Paul McBeth's in the bag for Japan? He said that the 150 class champ roc3s were more overstable than the heavier ones. Is that really true? That doesn't make sense to me

I've got a domey Champ Roc3 that is quite beefy. Freaky beefy IMO. Hit me up if your interested..

I own all variatons save for the metal flake and a domey glow is my most beefy. I wish it flew like a verdict (Im not crazy about the grip either) but it is still a notch or two less OS

My metal flake and flat champ glow are the most stable ones I throw. The glow started out Os and is slowly beating into a straight flyer but still has the most amount of fade for me. The metal flake are becoming my favorite to throw now.

I own all variatons save for the metal flake and a domey glow is my most beefy. I wish it flew like a verdict (Im not crazy about the grip either) but it is still a notch or two less OS

this has been my experience as well... domey glow are the most overstable of the roc3's.

Latest posts