• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

I am SO making a trip to WI/MN this year.
And VA/NC. And another trip to MO.

/Ponders a GoFundMe...

If you go to WI, Wilderness is legit. If you go to MN, skip the Preserve. Play Chain's Edge or literally dozens of other courses before that one/three. That's an interestng list. I haven't heard of quite a few of these courses. Now I have some homework to do. See ya in May :thmbup:

If you go to WI, Wilderness is legit. If you go to MN, skip the Preserve. Play Chain's Edge or literally dozens of other courses before that one/three. That's an interestng list. I haven't heard of quite a few of these courses. Now I have some homework to do. See ya in May :thmbup:

On this list, Cale's place in MN is "Airborn Disc Golf - Timberwolf", while "The Preserve" is the one in PA.

Well then let me be the first. It's a really nice course. But too many ~300 foot hyzers and simply not hard enough from the tips to be world class. Nathan Queen shot 17 down on the 22-hole layout, I believe the first time he played it.

Ultimately a poor man's Maple Hill. Which is fine! But maybe not Top 10.

For me it's near the bottom of the top 10 of NC courses and I helped Jaypo on several work days out there.

For me it's near the bottom of the top 10 of NC courses and I helped Jaypo on several work days out there.

It's in my NC top 10, but I don't like some of the super-tight places we have. Off the top of my head, my favorites in no order are:

Diavolo
Valley
Leigh
East Clayton
Zebulon
Sunset
Keeley
Nevin
Renny
West Meadowbrook

If all these were equidistant from me and never crowded, it would probably be 4th or 5th. But it's really nice!

Last edited:
DGCR Top Rated Courses in NC
Black Jack
Sugaree
Ashe Park
Diavolo
Rolling Pines
Hornet's Nest
Nevin
Castle Hayne
The Crossing
Deep Creek Dreams

DGCR Top Rated Courses in NC
Black Jack
Sugaree
Ashe Park
Diavolo
Rolling Pines
Hornet's Nest
Nevin
Castle Hayne
The Crossing
Deep Creek Dreams

I really need to make it a point to try to play more of these! Sugaree has been at the top of my Wish List for years.

I really need to make it a point to try to play more of these! Sugaree has been at the top of my Wish List for years.
C'mon. We always close for the winter, but will re-open May 1 and probably early April, while the National Collegiate tournament is going on at North Cove. Closing early this year in early August. BJ is another story-extremely restricted access.

Last edited:
I love the Wilkes Co boys but I agree. [emoji2960]

Some of the individual holes are cool. But as a property, it's kinda awful. They only had one giant hill to work with, so kudos for what they were able to make. But the whole experience of playing there is suboptimal.

I've only made it to Deep Creek once, and it's been a while. Should go back.

Rolling Pines is easily my most-overrated course of all time.

Yeah, at 4.34, it seems a bit high. I didn't write a review, but I'd have given it a 4.

Where do you think it should fall on the spectrum?

Yeah, at 4.34, it seems a bit high. I didn't write a review, but I'd have given it a 4.

Where do you think it should fall on the spectrum?

3.5. I just can't shake walking up to the fourth tee all hyped and then realizing that I could see the entire rest of the front nine from where I stood. By the time I stood on top of the hill on 11 (I think?), where I could see like 12 baskets, I felt lied to.

It's in my NC top 10, but I don't like some of the super-tight places we have. Off the top of my head, my favorites in no order are:

Diavolo
Valley
Leigh
East Clayton
Zebulon
Sunset
Keeley
Nevin
Renny
West Meadowbrook

If all these were equidistant from me and never crowded, it would probably be 4th or 5th. But it's really nice!

I would definitely have Ashe County, Rolling Pines, Rockness Monster, Rock Ridge, Nevin and Hornets Nest would all be higher than Diavolo IMO.

3.5. I just can't shake walking up to the fourth tee all hyped and then realizing that I could see the entire rest of the front nine from where I stood. By the time I stood on top of the hill on 11 (I think?), where I could see like 12 baskets, I felt lied to.

I can understand this. Even though I gave it a 4, I think it's probably the least interesting of the Wilkes courses, just the best maintained.

I can understand this. Even though I gave it a 4, I think it's probably the least interesting of the Wilkes courses, just the best maintained.

I have a soft spot for Rolling Pines. The day we played the temperature was in the 90's and humid. The water spigots every few holes were a great way to cool down.