• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

I've traveled a few times and nothing seems to top the options I have within 30 seconds to 30 minutes of my bed so I get the concept of coming all this way for what?

I hear that. I've got some killer courses within a half hour of me, and it just serves notice when I get to other places, how good I have it at home.

With that said, it's pretty damn awesome to get surprised by a course when traveling. Borderlands State Park in MA was an example of that...I went in with no expectations, and was very pleased with the experience. The only thing holding me back from a 5.0 rating was rubber tees instead of concrete.

BTW, it would be awesome if the rating scale went in .25 increments.

Doof is a tough reviewer - 4.5 for Lakeside and 4.0 for Creekside.

Not only that but I just don't get his reasoning. How does Lakeside not have a wow factor?

Wow, you guys are really that upset that he gave these courses a 4.5 and a 4? That is not low balling. Low balling would be giving them a 2 or 3 disc. He is still saying they are excellent courses. Quit your bellyaching just because you think his review might take your course from it's top spot. Doofenshmirtz is entitled to his own opinions.

Wow, you guys are really that upset that he gave these courses a 4.5 and a 4? That is not low balling. Low balling would be giving them a 2 or 3 disc. He is still saying they are excellent courses. Quit your bellyaching just because you think his review might take your course from it's top spot. Doofenshmirtz is entitled to his own opinions.

Easy there, fella. You read a lot into my post that I didn't say. I didn't criticize him at all. Just said he was a tough reviewer.

yes….I like Trey Duece more than both of the selah courses….yes, I know, that's crazy.

Somebody was posting after the got home from the bar last night :rolleyes:

Wow, a voice of common sense and reason from CA! That doesn't happen every day. Humchris85 is right on the money. He didn't write a two sentence review, and give it a 2. It really only represent a small difference of opinion. There is about 75-80% agreement.

We all probably would agree on what makes a good course but the difference between a 4, 4.5 and 5 is where personal preference seems to factor in. Open bombers vs tight challenge; wilderness vs groomed park.

Can anyone pull up all the blue & gold courses ?
I tried using the distance filter (7000 feet), but it will only allow me to see the first page.

You can't throw 7000' in a day anyway, why would you care? :p
I dunno...courses to avoid maybe, or courses to pack extra beer, or courses to locate a nearby massage parlor. BTW I made it to Mountain Lake, but that gal was gone.

Last edited:
BTW, it would be awesome if the rating scale went in .25 increments.

Adding granularity to the ratings scale doesn't make a ton of sense because there are already people who refuse to use the full scale as is (i.e., no 0's or 5's). :)

I dunno...courses to avoid maybe, or courses to pack extra beer, or courses to locate a nearby massage parlor. BTW I made it to Mountain Lake, but that gal was gone.

Hahaha. How'd you like the actual course? Nice views huh?

Hahaha. How'd you like the actual course? Nice views huh?
Halfway through the first nine,I thought,WOW, this is gonna break into my top ten,but it didn't hold up. Good solid 4, but with the land available,it could have been better. Beautiful place though.

Point to consider #1. If Doofenshmirtz had been one of the first five people to review the Selah courses and had given them the same scores, and they had neven gone down their paths of five disc perfection for as long as they did, would his actions have been considered "lowballing" then?

Point to consider #2. Had that happened, would some of the reviewers that followed him been more comfortable with giving 4's or 4.5's themselves, instead of the groupthink mentality 5's that they gave, since that perfection had already been tarnished?

Pont to consider #3. If there was a similar two courses complex that was arguably as good as Selah, but didn't have the Top 10 list limelight that Selah does, as Doofenshmirtz gave those courses 4 and 4.5 ratings, would any of you crabbing about him rating Selah with those numbers even notice, much less give a damn?

I'm sorry folks, but when the 25th, 49th, or 82nd reviewer gives his opinion of a course, he should have the same right to make his case that all of people who preceded him did without having to cowtow to some cult of consensus that assumes the average from all of the preceding reviews are somehow gospel (because you know, there can't possibly be any rubber stamp homer 5's in that mess).:rolleyes:

Doofenshmirtz did all future Selah reviewers a big favor.

I don't see where anyone called the guy out as a bad reviewer.

I don't see where anyone called the guy out as a bad reviewer.

well, not in this thread, but eight thumbs down on a fairly substantial, thought-filled review, is kinda doing that.

my bet would say the exact same review posted and filed with a 5.0 doesn't get any thumbs down

Point to consider #1. If Doofenshmirtz had been one of the first five people to review the Selah courses and had given them the same scores, and they had neven gone down their paths of five disc perfection for as long as they did, would his actions have been considered "lowballing" then?

Point to consider #2. Had that happened, would some of the reviewers that followed him been more comfortable with giving 4's or 4.5's themselves, instead of the groupthink mentality 5's that they gave, since that perfection had already been tarnished?

of course they would have. just as a review that already has thumbs down is more likely to get more. just like a review that already has thumbs up is more likely to get more. people dont like to go against the grain.

im sure that there are people who didnt love selah, but instead of just giving it a 4.0, decided not to review at all

Last edited:
Well playing devils advocate here the review was based solely on the short tees. Idk how much I would consider a review that played the short layout and then complained that the pars were too generous among other things. But this is an opinion site so oh well life goes on