• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember this being an issue for MVP as well.

Colorants cause plastic to behave differently, and it doesn't take much difference to have an effect on flight. Every manufacturer has to deal with this. With MVP it is limited to the early runs of new molds/materials, after which they take measures to make sure their standard of consistency is upheld, keeping in mind that 100% consistency is neither practical nor desired in most cases.

You know I'm noticing a remarkable similarity between MVP's line up growth and Vibram's: Putters, Mids, and a fairway driver that couldn't get here fast enough.

Dunno what it is with the neutron putters and flicks but I just sank a 125' fh upshot with my neutron anode. Funny thig is it was on the same hole I sank that long neutron Ion approach except I had flicked a quasar from the long tee.

Dunno what it is with the neutron putters and flicks but I just sank a 125' fh upshot with my neutron anode. Funny thig is it was on the same hole I sank that long neutron Ion approach except I had flicked a quasar from the long tee.

A few quick questions. Do you prefer the Neutron Anode to the Ion? Did you have a preference when it was just the Proton models? Do these Anodes stick in the chains better??

Depends on what kind of shot I'm throwing. Anode all day for putts in soft proton...probably switching to soft neutron for putts if they release it. Anode or Ion for upshots and drives depending on what line I need and what the wind is doing. I don't notice a difference with how they grab the chains but they're giving me real nice releases on flicks. Not 100% sure if it's the plastic or firmness since before I got these neutron testers I carried all soft putters.

Well I bought a pair of Neutron Anode's today down at GGGT. They are wonderful. I bought a 174g Yellow & a 173g Black. The store had virtually no 175g Anode's which sucked.. But anyways. Took them down to a new course.. Wow.. They are seriously magic. I was driving them perfectly. Right under the basket. For putts they would float right in. I had 5 Birdies from the magic of these discs. Most I've ever had in a round, considering it was an easier course. But still. I am in love with these discs, I am officially taking out my S Proton and M Proton Anodes and putting in the Neutron Anode's.

Depends on what kind of shot I'm throwing. Anode all day for putts in soft proton...probably switching to soft neutron for putts if they release it. Anode or Ion for upshots and drives depending on what line I need and what the wind is doing. I don't notice a difference with how they grab the chains but they're giving me real nice releases on flicks. Not 100% sure if it's the plastic or firmness since before I got these neutron testers I carried all soft putters.

I don't fh. Nearly as well as you do, but I have found that I fh my med/reg anode far better than my softs. Like you I putt with the softs (love em). So it might be the firmness

Okay so I am looking at changing putters and am looking at getting an MVP. So I had some questions, do you prefer the Ion or the Anode? Proton, Proton Soft, or Neutron? Right now I use a Vibram Ridge but want something with more glide.

Neutron Ion.

Haven't tried the Anode, but you'll get a lot of votes for that too.

Proton Soft Anode for putting. I used to putt w Ridge and wanted more glide so I switched to Voodoo, then Ion and now Anode. I am spin putter and Anode gives me nice glide and straighter putts.

Okay so I am looking at changing putters and am looking at getting an MVP. So I had some questions, do you prefer the Ion or the Anode? Proton, Proton Soft, or Neutron? Right now I use a Vibram Ridge but want something with more glide.

Here's my limited 2 cents. I was putting with DX Rhynos/driving with Champ for awhile, but changed it up to the Ions and I hit 2 Eagles today in one round! Granted, I've "learned" how to putt now, but they just feel nicer. I have a soft one for putting and the regular is my driver. I have an Anode in route and I heard it's a more stable flyer than the Ion, so I might drive with that. Either route, Ion or Anode, you should love it.

I also agree with the ability to nicely flick these, I think because of they rim. I flicked one on a laser to Eagle a hole. Plus they glide NICELY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts