• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so I am looking at changing putters and am looking at getting an MVP. So I had some questions, do you prefer the Ion or the Anode? Proton, Proton Soft, or Neutron? Right now I use a Vibram Ridge but want something with more glide.

Ion would feel the most similar to you coming from a Ridge.

I'm not necessarily looking for something most like the Ridge, I'm looking for something that will fly straight as an arrow. From what I heard the Anode is a beast and a lot of people are switching from the Ion to the Anode.

Ive always thrown the Anode and that is an arrow straight glider. I'd recommend soft proton though until(if) they come out in nuetron soft molds.

I started with an Anode, found i missed right all the time because it didn't have any fade at all.. I also found that on longer shots (60+ feet) it would flip and not come back if i wasn't careful..

Ions seem to handle harder putts and approaches with more speed accurately. (FOR my throwing style.)

I have a Push putt/Spin putt hybrid toss similar to Will Schusterick

If you like a putter with a little fade at the end, like i do, the ION is the only way to go.

Its preference.. Ions are better for some, Anodes are better for others :)

Also, Neutron Plastic, I find it is between Medium and Soft.. maybe a little more on the medium side. Its a perfect softness.. any more soft and you wouldnt be able to have a stiff enough grip to be consistent.

Okay I think I am going to get a neutron Ion, mostly because I can't find any blank Proton Softs in the color I need for the dye I'm planning.

So, im kinda sick of checking mvp's website every day for an update. Is there any new information on the midranges in neutron plastic or the release date of the volt?

Searched and could not find. Will there be an election plastic? I have MVP's 4 discs in proton and just got a neutron Anode. Just curious.

Like the feel, but haven't had a chance to throw the neutron Anode yet. Hopeing it will make the bag.

Things move like molasses at MVP, but it's worth taking time to make a quality product.

I'm pretty sure the Volt has a new core. I think that's what's taking longer to perfect. Once they get the bugs worked out, they'll be able to use the Volt core for different drivers, as they used the Ion core for the Anode, Vector, and Axis.

Can anyone from MVP verify this?

Things move like molasses at MVP, but it's worth taking time to make a quality product.

I'm pretty sure the Volt has a new core. I think that's what's taking longer to perfect. Once they get the bugs worked out, they'll be able to use the Volt core for different drivers, as they used the Ion core for the Anode, Vector, and Axis.

Can anyone from MVP verify this?
No need:
Anode core = Ion core != Axis core = Vector core.

So two cores so far, and a new one for the Volt (and most probably at least one more driver to come).
I'm happy MVP takes their time with the Volt, considering how inconsistent most drivers come out, it seems to be more of a challenge than making mids and putters. I think their business plan is pretty sound; hone the production skills on molds where variations have less of a consequence, then move up tothe big leagues :thmbup:
Would be nice to see what would come out of some more understable wings to their putter and mid cores though, hope they don't focus exclusively on drivers for 2013...

Thanks Eegor.

I thought I read somehere that all 4 discs had the same core.

So, I guess to answer Violet's question, I haven't been paying much attention to my own discs.

Maybe I'm missing some sarcasm. They all have the same core. :confused:

Seriously? Maybe you should think about posting less, rather than spewing as much sewage through your keyboard as possible. If you've ever hold Ions/Anodes and Axis/Vectors, you would realize the inner molds aren't even close to the same.

Seriously? Maybe you should think about posting less, rather than spewing as much sewage through your keyboard as possible. If you've ever hold Ions/Anodes and Axis/Vectors, you would realize the inner molds aren't even close to the same.

*held*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts