• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freaking Facebook. I'm out. Bad contest MVP for us non-Facebook users. Boo hoo.

Maybe you should just send a couple free ones to all people that aren't on Facebook!!

But, it's OK. It would be difficult for me to give up my beloved Fuses anyway.

I almost joined Facebook for the chance to win these. :(

I will wait a week.

Good idea. I'll get her to do that tonight!!! Yippee I'm back in the game.

I don't want to, but if it is more stable than the Fuse I may give it a fair try. I like the Core, but it isn't the most versatile of discs.

We had fundraiser random doubles tournament (benefit for 2012 Indian Hammocks tournament) yesterday in Miami. I switched to Ion about two weeks ago and there was putting contest between the rounds and I won the contest pretty handily making 9 out of 10 putts with one actually hitting the basket which counted for 28 out of possible 30 (3 points for in, 1 point for hitting basket). Everyone were surprised and gave me high 5's all round and got some nice cash. Most of them never saw Ion before and asked me where to get them. I know it is all mental and I sure get my mental right and in zone for that contest but Ion sure gave me more confidence. I am push putter and putting bit more spin with Ion (than I used with Voodoo) and man it is laser putting. Now I need to work on longer distance (over 35 feet) to get higher percentage of putts going in. Miami is hot bed of Wizards, Aviars and Omegas. That might change :)

Just wondering. What would you compare the Medium and Soft softness of MVP's plastic? Medium is Champion Hardness while Soft is....? I doubt as soft or floppy as R-Pro..

Bit soft but not floppy for sure. You could tell diff between the two, but not that big diff. Soft is bit gripper.

edium is Champion Hardness while Soft is....? I doubt as soft or floppy as R-Pro..
What sort of Champion? I have some that are really stiff, and some that are way gummy.

What sort of R-Pro? I have some that are much more rigid than regular Pro, and some that are totally floppy.

But anyway, Medium is really pretty stiff, and the softs are gummy but not floppy.

Does anyone know if any pros actually throw MVP discs? I know they are relatively new, but I was wondering if a pro perhaps carried any ions (even though im sure most pros are sponsored so they can only throw their brand)..

Not to my knowledge, but I think that's more a function of the fact that MVP doesn't (yet) have any fairway driver or driver models yet, so a pro couldn't go full MVP.

Some pros have mixed bag sponsorship such as Nikko. However I don't think Nikko would ditch Wizard in favor of Ion :) Nikko could play with Ion very well I am sure after some adjustments.

Nikko is Dave's nephew and gets to cherry pick his Wizards, I don't see him changing... =)

Some pros have mixed bag sponsorship such as Nikko. However I don't think Nikko would ditch Wizard in favor of Ion :) Nikko could play with Ion very well I am sure after some adjustments.

gateway sponsored players have to use gateway putters

I'll bet there are plenty of guys out there who cash in Open and have an MVP disc or two in the bag. As far as the touring guys go, obviously most of them are already sponsored. I think the Axis/Vector as a 1-2 punch are as good or better than any pair made by any other manufacturer, but guys that have been playing a long time are slow to change their short range discs in particular. Give it a couple years for all the good Ams scooping up MVP's discs to start moving up the ranks. I'm sure that some day in the future MVP will have a full lineup of discs and a sponsored team on the tour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts