• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that MVP is starting to get on the map and has 3 solid choices, have you guys thought about doing a special for getting a package of all 3? Like maybe 30-35 for an ion, axis, and vector? I'd really like to try them and a deal like that would probably push me over the edge

Now that MVP is starting to get on the map and has 3 solid choices, have you guys thought about doing a special for getting a package of all 3? Like maybe 30-35 for an ion, axis, and vector? I'd really like to try them and a deal like that would probably push me over the edge

Since MVP doesn't really retail their own discs, I don't see them putting effort into packaging to then sell their discs for less money than their retailers can (only Innova would do something like this). If anything perhaps one of the major disc retailers would do something like this(though it would still be for more $$).

Since MVP doesn't really retail their own discs, I don't see them putting effort into packaging to then sell their discs for less money than their retailers can (only Innova would do something like this). If anything perhaps one of the major disc retailers would do something like this(though it would still be for more $$).

Yeah heaven forbid a company put together a pack for beginners. I love MVP, throw the ion and vector and just ordered the axis, but your homer attitude is starting to get a little annoying. If you think it's a great product fine, I'm mean it is, but why do you feel like you have to trash talk other companies to make your sponsor look good. If it wasn't for Innova and Discraft this sport wouldn't have grown as much as it has and your precious MVP wouldn't even be making discs.

Gateway does it. Pretty sure NOS is referring to the Gateway Direct Package Deals that people started taking advantage of through e-bay or e-mails. I bought two of the package deals, great price and just what I asked for. MVP is the same, it's just that you have to buy 32 discs instead of a small package.

Yeah heaven forbid a company put together a pack for beginners. I love MVP, throw the ion and vector and just ordered the axis, but your homer attitude is starting to get a little annoying. If you think it's a great product fine, I'm mean it is, but why do you feel like you have to trash talk other companies to make your sponsor look good. If it wasn't for Innova and Discraft this sport wouldn't have grown as much as it has and your precious MVP wouldn't even be making discs.

You obviously aren't in retail, where Innova sells stuff they don't offer you directly through their factory store, DGV, etc, and directly competes with you. This is bad business in my opinion...Am I not allowed to have an opinion? I don't start threads (ok, I started one on DGR, but that's it) bashing other brands, but I do add little quips to my post because these are things that the general buying public are largely unaware of, but retailers have to deal with. I'm not making this stuff up to make anyone look good or bad, it's just the way it is. Not saying anything on my part would be suppressing something to make Innova look good, and I'm not going to do that.

Does anybody know if the ions had a first run...I have a vector first run and it says it on it but I have two ions that I bought from a local store when they first came out but it doesn't say first run on them...also if I have the early runs can anybody tell me if the newer ones are better...I have a soft 175 and I use it for putting cause when I drive with it it flips over but I also have a medium 174 that holds a straight line just how I want it too and I'm wondering if the new lines are like my medium or is it just the difference between the hard and soft plastic that allows it to hold the lines better

Does anybody know if the ions had a first run...I have a vector first run and it says it on it but I have two ions that I bought from a local store when they first came out but it doesn't say first run on them...also if I have the early runs can anybody tell me if the newer ones are better...I have a soft 175 and I use it for putting cause when I drive with it it flips over but I also have a medium 174 that holds a straight line just how I want it too and I'm wondering if the new lines are like my medium or is it just the difference between the hard and soft plastic that allows it to hold the lines better
The Ions did have a first run. They are the only Ions that had a red overmold and a blue center. They were all blank at that time. If you are in question with your more recent runs, the underside engraving/texturing would indicate that they are all the runs previous to our newest ones. The only difference with the newer ones was polishing out the texture/engraving on the underside and the addition of the clean laser engraving on the overmold similar to that of all our other discs. Also, the newest ones are in the clear color Proton plastic as the previous ones were using opaque colorants in the same Proton plastic.

The very first runs of Ions were soft, blue with red rims, and weighed in the 160s.

Better is relative. I haven't thrown the transparent Ions yet but they're supposed to be the most HSS of the bunch. Really, the only Ions that are close to flippy were the old runs with the misaligned overmold that sits too low on the bead in some places.

Okay,I am here to report how I feel about what I have done with the Ion so far.

Putting........

The Ion is the single best putter I have ever used,I think it fits in extremely well with my hybrid pitch/spin style. This is only after one round,but whatever,the only thing I didn't enjoy it for was the longer jump putts where I really noticed the textured bottom(on mine)rub against my fingers,but i'm hoping an untextured run will solve that.

driving.

I haven't really done enough research yet here :| but the one time I threw it off the tee it held the line extremely well,I need to play with it some more before I make more comments.

This is only after one round,but whatever,the only thing I didn't enjoy it for was the longer jump putts where I really noticed the textured bottom(on mine)rub against my fingers,but i'm hoping an untextured run will solve that..
Yep, this is one of the main reasons for polishing out the rough engraving on the bottom. They are all now nice and smooth and grippy.

The vector didn't do it for me,but the Ion is awesome,it looks like the magics are retired...sucks cause I just did the gateway deal... :(

Time to unload them I guess :|

If it makes you feel any better I was sitting on about 30 Wizards when I made the switch. It's actually been a good source of income the past month :p

It'd make me feel better if I could do 1 for 1's with the magics,lawl,but I know that won't happen. :(

They made smooth opaques right? because i really dig the opaques more than the translucent

It'd make me feel better if I could do 1 for 1's with the magics,lawl,but I know that won't happen. :(

They made smooth opaques right? because i really dig the opaques more than the translucent
There were a few runs with smooth bottom opaques, but they are all now transparent. I haven't checked any retailers if they have any left though.

Didn't really pay attention the other day when i was at GGGT, but if i remember correctly they did have some of the new opaque runs left.

On another note, how are the production run vectors. I wasn't too wowed with the first runs and want to give them another shot becuase I LOVE my ions and my axis (can't wait till lighter ones come out too). I know in the first runs there were different domes and they affected the flight slightly. If someone could give me a quick rundown on them I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
On another note, how are the production run vectors. I wasn't too wowed with the first runs and want to give them another shot becuase I LOVE my ions and my axis (can't wait till lighter ones come out too). I know in the first runs there were different domes and they affected the flight slightly. If someone could give me a quick rundown on them I would greatly appreciate it.
Ditto. I wasn't thrilled with my 1st run Vector either b/c it was so flat. I feel like if I had one with some shoulders a little bit of dome we might work out.

Didn't really pay attention the other day when i was at GGGT, but if i remember correctly they did have some of the new opaque runs left.

Ditto. I wasn't thrilled with my 1st run Vector either b/c it was so flat. I feel like if I had one with some shoulders a little bit of dome we might work out.

Vectors have very uniform domes now...They are a little domier than the Axis, but it's a gradual and even dome. They glide better than the flat ones, and the fade is a little mellower than the super domey first runs. All around they make a great overstable compliment to the Axis, and stay overstable seemingly forever. I even beat one in on purpose when they came out, but slowly it has actually regained stability and is now about the same as my other used Vectors (slightly less stable than new).

One of the keys to the durability of MVP's discs is that they have no flash on the bottom like every other disc on the market...This gives most new discs an artificial stability/overstability that wears off in the first month and can drastically alter flight character. MVP discs never change stability abruptly because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.