• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the Axis or Vector be available in "soft" proton plastic?

They've told me probably not when I've asked in the past, but that is always subject to change as they could obviously do it if they wanted. That would be very interesting if they did imo. I know the soft Ions glide better than the mediums...

They've told me probably not when I've asked in the past, but that is always subject to change as they could obviously do it if they wanted. That would be very interesting if they did imo. I know the soft Ions glide better than the mediums...

Soft axis :eek: an even longer ion?! I gotta go change my pants... :eek:

I hope the Axis is more of an instant thing for me. The vectors are sorta hit-and-miss when I throw them. Sometimes they'll OAT flutter and turn over, sometimes they'll fly great, not exactly what I'm looking for in a overstable mid. Which is a shame because I liked the Ion immediately, but the Vector kept confusing me

So I guess that's a no to the Ion-Axis-Vector package?
We do not operate on the retail level as we do not want to compete directly with our retailers. However, it could be a great idea if you propose this to them as it could be a mutually beneficial way to sell our discs.

I hope the Axis is more of an instant thing for me. The vectors are sorta hit-and-miss when I throw them. Sometimes they'll OAT flutter and turn over, sometimes they'll fly great, not exactly what I'm looking for in a overstable mid. Which is a shame because I liked the Ion immediately, but the Vector kept confusing me

I have a similar problem but the more I throw it, the smoother it seems to become. Pretty sure it's more a problem with me than the disc, though.

On a separate note, I currently own a 168 opaque white, medium Ion. Love that frakkin' disc. I'd really like to pick up an Ion in Proton plastic (really like the way they look and the colors just pop out when lying on the ground making them very easy to find). However, I'm only able to find softs available in that same weight range anywhere near me. I haven't had a chance to feel them yet, but how soft are they? I don't particularly like buttery discs anymore or, more accurately, discs that can flex in your hand when throwing.

On a separate note, I currently own a 168 opaque white, medium Ion. Love that frakkin' disc. I'd really like to pick up an Ion in Proton plastic (really like the way they look and the colors just pop out when lying on the ground making them very easy to find). However, I'm only able to find softs available in that same weight range anywhere near me. I haven't had a chance to feel them yet, but how soft are they? I don't particularly like buttery discs anymore or, more accurately, discs that can flex in your hand when throwing.

They sure are bright, and its technically our same Proton plastic, just new transparent colorants which are standard for our Proton line now.

I wouldn't describe our Soft Proton to be floppy, but rather they have a tacky slightly gummy feel to them. You can flex them but not floppy/flexy. The key is the nice tacky gummy surface feel to them.

They sure are bright, and its technically our same Proton plastic, just new transparent colorants which are standard for our Proton line now.

I wouldn't describe our Soft Proton to be floppy, but rather they have a tacky slightly gummy feel to them. You can flex them but not floppy/flexy. The key is the nice tacky gummy surface feel to them.

Awesome. Thank you for the info.

There is a noticeable difference in the feels of the over mold between softs and mediums. Is this just due to difference in the molding process or are they actually different blends? If so is it possible to put a softer more grippy over mold on a soft ion? I love how my medium flies on longer putts but it just cuts right through the chains.

There is a noticeable difference in the feels of the over mold between softs and mediums. Is this just due to difference in the molding process or are they actually different blends? If so is it possible to put a softer more grippy over mold on a soft ion? I love how my medium flies on longer putts but it just cuts right through the chains.
Its a little bit of both between processing and blend. We don't have any plans on this as we want to keep the integrity of our consistency and quality by not switching and goofing with polymer blends. I see far too many problems with this in other manufacturers discs. We have worked very hard very early on before beginning our company and have stuck with what works. We take a lot of pride in our craftsmanship of our discs.

Very confused here...I just received 2 Axis'...the 177g green one has a flat top and the 179g pink has a decent sized dome on it...Why is this? And which one is the Axis really supposed to look like so I know which one to throw?

Very confused here...I just received 2 Axis'...the 177g green one has a flat top and the 179g pink has a decent sized dome on it...Why is this? And which one is the Axis really supposed to look like so I know which one to throw?
A few of the early pink ones had a little more dome than the rest. I stepped in and had them accomodate for the difference and they now are the same as the rest(closer to flat top). EDIT- This is not to say the ones with dome are faulty, they just have a little more dome than the others. Its just to expect that they are all now going to be closer to flat.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.