• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear lord, what did you do to cause that huge chunk missing out of that rim? :eek:

Hit a basket's pole off the tee and I think it hit the screw that holds it into the sleave. I noticed it when I picked it up and the rough top of the screw was poking out the side it hit so that was my best guess.

plastic cannon: pm me if you want, theres a few I might part with

So one of my Axis had the dome sink in some from being left in my car. Decided to add some dome with boiling water. Think I went overboard.

http://i.imgur.com/b91PmqP.jpg

Wonder how she'll fly? Hah. The Vector I did up turned out a lot better. The Axis got too much suction on the bowl I set it on, it's a domey beast now.

Sooo how does it fly?! lol

Well, I finally decided to give in to the hype and buy some MVP discs. Hopefully, it will stop snowing sometime soon so I can actually get out and test them

photo5fcsm.jpg

169g Neutron Amp
177g Eclipse Vector
177g Eclipse Axis
175g Eclipse Ion

Even if they don't end up breaking into my bag, at least I have a glow set up now!

And you had better believe that blank red discs are going to end up with some sweet St. Louis Cardinals art!

Would have gone volt for amp but OOooOoLAlalaALaaa!

You will enjoy. Take a little getting used to but they just fly nice and consistent-- You throw bad and they tell you, you throw good and its a thing of beauty. Try long anhyzer lines with your vector and sweeping hyzers with the axis... you will be very impressed even though one is OS and one US (well... not really at all its stable, bought one thinking axis was understable but that is not really the case when new)

I went with Amp figuring I could get a new run Shock to complement it if I end up liking MVP that much. Plus, the Ascent has the stable fairway slot on lockdown in my bag.

Yeah they are basically the same disc specially depending on your power level... If you are not throwing 350-400 then they really is not much of a difference just a bit less HSS. Looking forward to the new Shock also!!

Well, I finally decided to give in to the hype and buy some MVP discs

169g Neutron Amp
177g Eclipse Vector
177g Eclipse Axis
175g Eclipse Ion

Amp is a good disc but not as understable as i would have liked, i prefer my 175g GL River for an under-stable fairway.

You MUST get a Volt, its a great all around disc for all types of lines, hyzers, long power annys that always come back at the end, and everything in between.. versatile, i would consider it to be MVPs best fairway disc, i use it often.

The Shock is going to be a great stable disc, think of a higher speed stag :)

Last edited:
Amp is a good disc but not as understable as i would have liked, i prefer my 175g GL River for an under-stable fairway.

You MUST get a Volt, its a great all around disc for all types of lines, hyzers, long power annys that always come back at the end, and everything in between.. versatile, i would consider it to be MVPs best fairway disc, i use it often.

The Shock is going to be a great stable disc, think of a higher speed stag :)

I too favor my River over my Amp even alongside my Shock and Volt. I tried, but it's one or the other.

I've only throw my Amp a little, but so far it really does feel like my Volt, only a tick less HSS. At my 300' power, they're pretty much interchangeable for me as far as I can tell. Heck, the same can be said for my first run Shock. All three are about the same disc to me with very slight differences.

I just received a pair of max weight Amps I've been messing around with. Still getting a feel for how they respond to different power levels and release angles...

I've only throw my Amp a little, but so far it really does feel like my Volt, only a tick less HSS. At my 300' power, they're pretty much interchangeable for me as far as I can tell. Heck, the same can be said for my first run Shock. All three are about the same disc to me with very slight differences.

i can tell a big difference between the shock and amp.. they are meant to be a control driver set i think. Only slight differences intended to give slightly different results for slightly different situations.... slightly :p

but to say they are all the same for you would mean your a less consistent thrower. try releasing the amp on a hyzer, then do the same with a shock, you will get vastly different results.

Last edited:
but to say they are all the same for you would mean your a less consistent thrower. try releasing the amp on a hyzer, then do the same with a shock, you will get vastly different results.
Well, that's how they flew for me. Consistent thrower or not, they consistently flew about the same for me. Exactly the same?...no...but about the same. Considering that I only carry 5-6 discs, it's not enough of a difference to bag one in addition to the Volt, but enough similarities to keep them around for Volt backups. :thmbup:

Actually all MVP discs fly the same, sort of. Once you dial in on one and figure out how to throw it (or throw better) it translates across to the other molds. I can pretty much pick up an MVP product and bag it within a week or two safely.

I get really similar flight paths on Volt and Amp in 200-250' range I notice more differences at 300+.

Last edited:

Throwing a batch of new Neutron discs on a 380' or so hole at my home course. The volts were 168g and had more turn than the max weights I normally throw, and the Amps I'm still getting used to, but everything pretty much did what I expected. Some wind though, keep that in mind as well.

Here.

Just let them know you got the first run defectives, and they'll shoot you an email with instructions.
:thmbup: email sent!! Thanks for the heads up!!
hopefully i can get some replacements. The shock i threw was too much like my volts. The new ones look like exactly what i need.

:thmbup: email sent!! Thanks for the heads up!!
hopefully i can get some replacements. The shock i threw was too much like my volts. The new ones look like exactly what i need.

I'm with you. I threw my Shock for the first time in a very mild wind and the thing turned and burned. I was somewhat disappointed. I'm impressed with MVP's dedication to quality on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts