• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Motion

Anything of note stick out as surprising or any glaring comparisons come to mind?

Interesting that the bottom part of the wing looks less flared than the Tesla?

Not really. I think MVP description of it as being the beefy DD is pretty spot on. Knowing that someone with Mike C's arm strength says he sees a 0 turn out of a Max weight Tesla makes me think this is exactly where it should be on the stability ratings and flight chart MVP posted. So, no surprises, which should be good news for folks who have wanted this stability in a DD.

Id love to see a full profile of it alone. Looks to have a little more raise to the core flight plate than a resistor...? Curious if you have ever thrown a flick and how it might compare.

I've not thrown a Flick, so I don't have that to compare it to. The motion struck me as having a good amount of glide, but just no sign of anything US about it at all. Here's the best overall profile shot I can get of it.
13994949758_5cda38a96e_z.jpg

can't wait to grab one of these at 155g, longer resistor please.

I think you'll be quite pleased.

Forgot to mention, the one I'm throwing is a 168g. I'll be looking for a 155-159 thrower as well since that's where I'm seeing the best results with my Teslas as well... except for the Metallics that are 168-170. They're just wicked awesome (.... I work with a lot of people in Boston... I think they're rubbing off on me. ;-)

Here's "Slimestein" (as MVP has called it) with a Lemon garnish...
14178373411_64b29815e1_z.jpg

I took my 172g Motion out today with some pretty steady winds to test it out on. I threw it with a 160g Resistor.

The bottom line (and this will surprise no one) is that this disc is too much for me to see the true flight of. I couldn't throw my heavy tester Tesla farther than my Volt, and I couldn't throw the Motion farther than the Resistor. I was maxing out at around 260-270 with both.

The Motion is a truly overstable disc. There's no doubt that this one was made for power, wind, and hyzers. It's a good bump up from the Tesla in stability, and you can see that in the wing design.

For normal arms, the Motion is all the beef you'll ever need for BH and FH throws. I didn't test it OH, because that's not a throw I'm used to. But for everyday use, it would most likely occupy a specialty spot in your bag.

If you want a disc that you can't afford to turn over, go for the Motion.

Now for big arms, this might not seem too beefy, but I'm waiting to hear their take on it.

I took my 172g Motion out today with some pretty steady winds to test it out on. I threw it with a 160g Resistor.

The bottom line (and this will surprise no one) is that this disc is too much for me to see the true flight of. I couldn't throw my heavy tester Tesla farther than my Volt, and I couldn't throw the Motion farther than the Resistor. I was maxing out at around 260-270 with both.

The Motion is a truly overstable disc. There's no doubt that this one was made for power, wind, and hyzers. It's a good bump up from the Tesla in stability, and you can see that in the wing design.

For normal arms, the Motion is all the beef you'll ever need for BH and FH throws. I didn't test it OH, because that's not a throw I'm used to. But for everyday use, it would most likely occupy a specialty spot in your bag.

If you want a disc that you can't afford to turn over, go for the Motion.

Now for big arms, this might not seem too beefy, but I'm waiting to hear their take on it.

Yeah at low power this thing is beeftastic. No way I will have any practical use for it. I think bigger arms will still see it as pretty beefy too, though. That's what it is designed for.

Also, holy skips Batman! Huge skips with this one.

Its not quite flick OS in feel or flight but I like it. Straight beef and might just drop resistors all together to keep it simple.

resistor is fun just felt small in the hand to me and like the extra D possible with the little faster of a disc. For some there wont be a huge difference at all but like the extra skip of a bigger wing also.

Tons of color options too with the SE stamps and weight ranges. Really nice to see that with all the new DD's I hope they can continue to produce models which allow for a wide variety of weight ranges and no need for some kind of modification to the cores in order to get a lighter weight like air/blizzard discs.

Latest posts