• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Shock

All my Volts range from completely flat to slight dome. Some I can get a little "pop" from by pushing in the outside of the top with my thumbs (slight dome), and others I cannot (flat).

MVP loves me more i guess, all the discs i get from them are always the same

youre ridiculous. get your eyes checked.

no i seriously think MVP sends their finest to me.

I always compare plh/dome/overmold placement on a bunch of discs when i get orders in and they are always the same.. give or take a hair of difference that doesnt change flight.

MVP loves me more i guess, all the discs i get from them are always the same

When I used to coach my students on how to take multiple choice tests I would tell them to avoid answers with statements such as all/always none/never as they are absolutes and therefore were much less likely to be correct.

Some of us have pawed through 100s to 1000s of MVP discs (Z&Z&me, surely some others in disc retail). They aren't all the same.

When I used to coach my students on how to take multiple choice tests I would tell them to avoid answers with statements such as all/always none/never as they are absolutes and therefore were much less likely to be correct.

Some of us have pawed through 100s to 1000s of MVP discs (Z&Z&me, surely some others in disc retail). They aren't all the same.

yea i usually order limited amounts of the same few colors orange/green/red so i don't get a huge sample size, but they are very consistent and didnt noticed much difference.

I can't really speak to first runs and whatnot, but if going by my 172g Blue Shock is any measure, flat tops are amazing. On a big flex line this disc might end up being my longest disc if I ever actually tested it out like that. This thing is a bullet and has surprising glide for how well it beats wind. I use this Bad Larry anywhere from 200-350. Obviously the shorter distances are on some very specific shots where I need that hard fade or a big skip, but the flat top is absolute money. Any time the course has a right turn built in, this baby comes out and dominates it.

In short, flat top Shocks are the bee's knees. Flies exactly like what I wanted buying one. (FH at least, don't have good enough form to throw it BH)

Last edited:
I'm thinking about adding a shock to my MVP lineup but I'm not sure if I really need it or not. I've got the Vector which I really like and it's overstable but I want something more overstable than the Vector.

From what I've read the Shock is more overstable but it's also a much longer disc and I've got my long ranger OS slot covered with my SOLF and Boss. I need something that I can throw shorter and get that big fade.

Does the Shock power down well?

Right now I'm using a Pro-D Zone but it doesn't have enough beef. I'm thinking about getting a Trident to cover this slot as I love Lat64 stuff too but also want to try all of MVP's molds.

shock is a fast fairway driver and powers down just fine but I wouldn't compare it to a trident or XXX although the HSS are the same but different speeds and feel. Trident IMO sounds like what you are looking for as none of MVP's fairways are "short" discs really and you might just want to try a premium plastic zone if you like that mold. A Tensor is the disc I use for the shot you describe.

I was wondering people are still throwing these? I'm personally still using a seasoned 2nd run N Shock as my fh roller disc with a P Volt and XXX for overstable duties. I think P shocks could be a real hit and possible firebird contender, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I was wondering people are still throwing these? I'm personally still using a seasoned 2nd run N Shock as my fh roller disc with a P Volt and XXX for overstable duties. I think P shocks could be a real hit and possible firebird contender, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I am using one pretty often and loving the lines it's been giving me. I just picked up an ESP Surge and looking forward to see how they compare because I want something faster that is just a smidge less overstable.

I still have mine in service, but I haven't tried a Resistor yet.

I have said before Proton Shocks would be great.

I havn't tried the resistor as I just got an opto xxx in a trade but I may have to here soon enough. 95% of MVP on my home course has been trades or sales from me because I want people to try MVP so it's not like I can wait until someone gets one.

Latest posts