• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Shock

How do the current runs fly? I recently received a 174 from community and wanted to know how it flies

Good question. I've been thinking about getting a lower weight one (under 170). My blue flat 174 Neutron Shock flies very high speed stable. If thrown low it'll fade a little bit. A little air and it'll fade a ton. Mine seems to have very little glide though.

I have to throw it pretty hard to get it to fly right. My neutron Volt (168) I can get out to 330-340 but the Shock I can barely get out to 300.

I've often wondered if a lower weight or maybe even a different color would make a difference.

I just got a new purple(new color new run) and am going to test it tomorrow. I can let ya guys know how they fly, but it's definitely going to be beef just because it is new.

Here's mine... Slight dome but I hope it's still OS
image-2.jpg
[/URL]

Looks exactly like mine, color, weight and everything except yours looks like it has slightly more dome.

Anyone throwing these still? Was always kind of a sleeper mold with the volt taking the spot light but curious to hear how people are using it still with the release of the motion, tesla and resistor.

Anyone throwing these still? Was always kind of a sleeper mold with the volt taking the spot light but curious to hear how people are using it still with the release of the motion, tesla and resistor.

<raises hand>

I've got one I picked up right when the 2nd runs dropped. It's fairly beat up, but still nice and beefy. I've added a good bit of power since then, too. It's not the angry, bitter OS disc it was new, but it's still more OS than my E Volt was new, by a good bit.

I've been totally satisfied with it, enough that I never bothered with a Resistor, and I haven't checked out a Motion yet. I'm here right now to actually check the Motion thread where I asked about how much it skips. My only 'problem' with the Shock right now is that it doesn't always skip like I need it to on those shots.

My guess is, there'll be room in my bag for this Shock and a max wt. Motion, but time will tell....

My blue shock has been in and out of the bag. It's bag in now. Beside the Resistor and Tesla the Shock will go longer than the Tesla before the fade kicks in and the Shock is more lateral fade. Fits my game better.

Compared to my Resistor, the Resistor is a lot more stable but I could use it on the same lines in a pinch. A light Resistor (mine is 172) might kick the Shock, current Resistor, and Servo out of the bag. Maybe a 150 class Motion might work too. So, many options from MVP these days.

Last edited:
I use this disc a ton, I didn't really get the grip on how to use it until this summer but I've had it since it came out. I have been getting plenty of birdies with my Shock in the bag. I am not high on the Tesla and Inertia but the Amp, Shock, and Volt all get plenty of rotation and remain my main drivers.

I like to have the Shock handy when I use my full bag. It is my longest overstable disc. It's a great mold to throw when you want some good fade, but not too meaty like a Motion, or Resistor.

Sorry if I posted this already but about two months ago got a shock ace in league. I won an innova Discatcher sport, 100 bucks in discs and 7 free passes. Shortly after I lost that shock, bought a resistr, received a motion and stopped carrying a shock :| i like the shock a bunch but am running out of space in my bag and experimenting with cuts.

My home course has a few holes that you want to throw a forehand flick that can turn over just a bit but still kick back at the end, so I always have a shock with me.

unless he for some reason has a fluke First Run which you can only tell by its lower PLH and not in the newer colors MVP has put out. Its pretty safe to say any new shock being purchased wouldn't be a first run and they all are very overstable. First runs were the only shocks that had high speed turn when new. If its very flat and high PLH then good to go.

As usual, what Aim said. I've never thrown one of those first runs, but I don't know of much if any variance since the 2nd run. True 0 HSS. My seasoned one has never shown any HS turn, in any conditions. Still has aggressive fade, but seasoning plus me adding power, it kicks in a bit later and a bit less aggro, but still consistent pronounced fade.

Yeah, I bought one new in the spring and it was nice and beefy.

Available for trade if anyone's interested - I just didn't need it alongside my Resistor.

I'm sure they are all fine nowdays but I've always thrown white shocks and have never had a dud. I had an early run pink one that was more like a volt.

Latest posts