• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tangent

I would argue on the rollaways with the Tangent, if it hits flat it's great but I have had some unreal rollaways on these rocky hills if it lands on edge it is like a wheel!

I would argue on the rollaways with the Tangent, if it hits flat it's great but I have had some unreal rollaways on these rocky hills if it lands on edge it is like a wheel!

But really everything will roll away on Pender. Even my DX Sonic has gone crazy!

Yea everything rolls.. so your argument is invalid.

In fact i have had less roll aways with MVP since i have started throwing them.

Try throwing "Tangent" to the slope, or perpendicular so it hits and stops movements as fast as possible.

Considering the more Gyro effect of MVP discs, you should be able to control the angle and way the disc lands much easier than with others, certainly with a disc like the Tangent.

But really everything will roll away on Pender. Even my DX Sonic has gone crazy!

You got me there.. I'm just saying on edge or bounces on what we've established is crappy terrain, I have got some tragic results with the Tangent more than any MVP disc. The Axis and Anode lay down a lot better.

You got me there.. I'm just saying on edge or bounces on what we've established is crappy terrain, I have got some tragic results with the Tangent more than any MVP disc. The Axis and Anode lay down a lot better.

That's because you haven't quite gotten used to it yet. Everyone says the same thing when they pick up a new disc.

I don't think any disc really rolls away more than any other. It's more about anecdotal small sample sizes.

ekaGz1b.jpg

hahaha - epic!

Some discs are just better for not rolling, I interchange a soft gumputt in and out of my bag, I always take it to the Cortez tourney for hole #3. I will NEVER throw my Tangent at #3! It's a short mid hole Ace run, straight uphill on a 60 degree slope. Since I don't putt with gumbputt a lot though it can be harmful but if it shaves a stroke or 4 on one hole it's worth the bag space.

That's funny I complain more on the uphill shots with that thing, ha. Seriously 150' roll backs. I've still found space in a 12 disc bag for it though.

Last edited:
Yea everything rolls.. so your argument is invalid.

In fact i have had less roll aways with MVP since i have started throwing them.

Try throwing "Tangent" to the slope, or perpendicular so it hits and stops movements as fast as possible.

Considering the more Gyro effect of MVP discs, you should be able to control the angle and way the disc lands much easier than with others, certainly with a disc like the Tangent.

Uhhh... none of that makes any sense, anywhere, at any given time.

But mainly, dude, the tangent is the slope. Throwing tangent would be throwing perfectly level to the ground on the ground.

And secondly mainly, throwing perpendicular won't work either unless you've got yourself a disc that will dissipate the energy internally instead of ricocheting off the ground. Or tombstone. And that's ignoring the problem of managing to hover above the ground and throw at the slope. Unless you're throwing at a cliff or a wall.

Uhhh... none of that makes any sense, anywhere, at any given time.

But mainly, dude, the tangent is the slope. Throwing tangent would be throwing perfectly level to the ground on the ground.

And secondly mainly, throwing perpendicular won't work either unless you've got yourself a disc that will dissipate the energy internally instead of ricocheting off the ground. Or tombstone. And that's ignoring the problem of managing to hover above the ground and throw at the slope. Unless you're throwing at a cliff or a wall.

If you land flat on the slope, or at a "tangent" to the slope its not going to roll, it will slide a little and stop.. not sure how that doesn't make sense, but i went to school so who knows it may not make sense to you. :doh:

"And secondly mainly".. lol, just learn to control the disc better so it doesn't have a chance to roll down a hill, that's all im trying to say.

I have not had even one roll away with my tangents yet.

I understand how someone could have a bad roll away, get upset and blame it on a disc though. If you don't like it i will gladly buy your tangent from you.

I have not yet had a Tangent roll away. I will say that the Tangent makes a surprisingly good (intentional) roller. The rounded rim and gyro seem to keep it going a long way.

love this disc more and more every time I get to throw it... Crazy easy to put on any line and LOVE the hyzer-flips that float 330+ without max power-- Its like a more consistent fuse IMO compared to any other disc. I would not call it understable but for sure not as stable as an axis probably equal HSS but the tangent seems to have 0 LSS fade when thrown flat. I found flying by my target 15'-30' the first few throws with it, expecting SOME fade but it would just lazer beam straight and keep flying on the same line it was released. Huge swooping hyzers and anhyzers are also amazing to watch soaring so far laterally without cutting into a roller or spiking into the ground. I plan on getting some video up as soon as this damn snow melts... luckily had a few days of grass available for testing and just love love love it. Same with my buddy who also was impressed after the first few throws.

Its like a perfectly seasoned midrange right off the shelf..!!

Last edited:
Can anyone compare the Tangent to an Ibex? Specifically, how well does it power down and what's the HSS and LSS like in comparison.

I haven't thrown either much, a firm Ibex for a handful of rounds and just played with the Tangent this weekend but they seem to both be generally straight mids. The Ibex becomes more noticeably LSS when you power down on it. The Tangent is just a straight flying, smooth SOB. More of a putter flight, loves pushing forward whereas the Ibex flies more like a faster mid. The Ibex reminds me more of a touchy Buzzz or Core whereas the Tangent is like a wider diameter Champ Classic Roc to me. My Tangent doesn't fly as neutral as some have described, it will fade a little if you don't put enough on it.

BroD is your tangent close to max weight? My 173 or 171? does not seem to have any fade really and wondering how much different the heavy ones really are... Axis works fine for "stable" slot but a little more fade in a tangent wouldn't hurt specially for windy days.

175g and red. Definitely more LSS and HSS than my well seasoned 1st run Axis.

Latest posts