• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP VOLT - The Comprehensive Thread

ahhh those courses are easy to set up if you have a portable basket. Find a field about 600 feet long. Make sure there are no trees anywhere and at least 400 feet room side to side. then you got an avery hole set up. good to go!!

That sounds like the practice field I use!!! Two soccer fields long and 1.5 soccer fields wide!

So I'm pretty pumped for the Volt. I bet it will be sweet for bh rollers. My Ions and Axis seem to roll pretty straight.

Just to recap what we know for sure:

1. The volt is a driver
2. It flies like your favorite disc, but farther
3. If it turns right (rhbh) you have bad form
4. If you don't like it, you have bad form
5. The pen is blue

1. The volt is a driver
4. If you don't like it, you hate America and the terrorists win
5. The pen is blue

Ftfy

I concur sir!

I'm thinking at least 3x 168s, 3x 171/2s, and 3x max!
Sounds like a great plan. I would change the 171 to 172, but I had pretty much the same idea. One driver mold to play with could be pretty fun in a few different weights. If the Volt gets released in time to get some practice in I hope to play my first tournement with nothing but MVP. Currently getting some experience with their other discs and very impressed with the flexibility of each on. Each existing mold is good for at least 2 types of shots. Distance is the only issue which the Volt will hopefully solve. Kind of hope I can get similar shots to a Vibram Trak but longer. If the Volt shapes lines like the Trak does especially in 3 weights I will be in love with it.

1. The volt is a driver
4. If you don't like it, you have bad form
5. The pen is blue

Win. :clap:

So I'm pretty pumped for the Volt. I bet it will be sweet for bh rollers. My Ions and Axis seem to roll pretty straight.

:doh: Never occurred to me to throw the axis as a roller. I'm going to have to give that a shot. That gyro aspect would seem to work well there.

The initial novelty of MVP has worn off for me, but they make consistently good molds, and this volt sounds interesting. But I can wait.

I am insane :D . I keep going back to MVP's website expecting to see something other than this:

"As market demand for our discs has grown, our facilities have recently been expanded with all-new state-of-the-art molding machines. These will bring an unprecedented level of repeatability under strict tolerances.

These new machines are nearing setup at our facility. With quality and consistency being our #1 objective, the Neutron Volt will go into full production as soon as these machines are cranking out a perfect disc. We do not have a concrete release date for the Volt for this reason, but rest assured it is our top priority and we look forward to offering a Neutron Volt produced by this new equipment. Stay tuned here, on the forums, or our social media for updates.

Best Regards,
The MVP Disc Sports Team"

Oh well....the wait continues :wall:

I hear that throwing the volt allows the golfer to fart rainbows that smell of the finest vanilla beans.

Sounds like the PD!

I am insane :D . I keep going back to MVP's website expecting to see something other than this:

"As market demand for our discs has grown, our facilities have recently been expanded with all-new state-of-the-art molding machines. These will bring an unprecedented level of repeatability under strict tolerances.

These new machines are nearing setup at our facility. With quality and consistency being our #1 objective, the Neutron Volt will go into full production as soon as these machines are cranking out a perfect disc. We do not have a concrete release date for the Volt for this reason, but rest assured it is our top priority and we look forward to offering a Neutron Volt produced by this new equipment. Stay tuned here, on the forums, or our social media for updates.

Best Regards,
The MVP Disc Sports Team"

Oh well....the wait continues :wall:

I'm calling October for the Volt. Sounds like the tweaking is going to take a lot longer than anyone wants it to.

Also, if I call October and it comes sooner, everyone will be happy.

I just wish it would hurry up and come out so I can get rid of my destroyer, wraith, TL, river, sidewinder, eagle, and leopard.

I have two questions, one relating to the Volt.

I'm a recreational player starting to encroach upon intermediate level, and I've played with someone who has played for years and is starting down the "going pro" path.

For getting the shot you want, he's instructed me to keep the way I throw the same and change my disc to get the different type of throw. However, while I believe this to be true fundamentally, it seems that you can make the same disc do different things depending on your form/how you flick it, etc.

1. Is my understanding of the above correct?

2. How versatile of a disc will the Volt be, i.e. is it only going to excel at long straight drives, or can it be used for overhead throws for instance?

Thanks.

I have two questions, one relating to the Volt.

I'm a recreational player starting to encroach upon intermediate level, and I've played with someone who has played for years and is starting down the "going pro" path.

For getting the shot you want, he's instructed me to keep the way I throw the same and change my disc to get the different type of throw. However, while I believe this to be true fundamentally, it seems that you can make the same disc do different things depending on your form/how you flick it, etc.

I think there are two schools of thought on this. One is stated above: Throw how you throw and let different discs do the work. The other comes from a more minimalist perspective, where if you can do everything with only a couple different discs, then your overall skills are better. Whether you follow one path or the other is all personal preference.

And sorry, I know nothing about the Volt, so I can't help you there. But many discs can be versatile given enough time and wear.

Thanks.

I think for a Rec level player, you should let the discs do the work. When you have decent form throwing flat, then work different throwing angles into your game, and you can minimize your molds from there.

Latest posts