• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

My version of the Grip Eq bag

Not to just bump this thread, but I have been thinking about the next mod for this bag and I am thinking about designing an interior putter pocket for the top pocket. So thing that sit as on the back of the pocket with some type of strap to hold the discs in. This or some type of cord / strap / something to keep the front putter pocket more stable. Other than lack of water holder the putter pocket is the next most annoying thing on this bag.

Not to just bump this thread, but I have been thinking about the next mod for this bag and I am thinking about designing an interior putter pocket for the top pocket. So thing that sit as on the back of the pocket with some type of strap to hold the discs in. This or some type of cord / strap / something to keep the front putter pocket more stable. Other than lack of water holder the putter pocket is the next most annoying thing on this bag.

I used to use the separater as a putter pocket( pin it towards the top ) but now i use thw bottom pocket ( the one with the graphic on it) and i like this one the best. Also i put a bungee around the zippers so i could close it easier, and it also helps secure the putters. Win. Win.

I use a bungee attached to the elastic above the upper pocket. I can pull over discs in the upper pocket and secure it to either the lower pocket and effectively secure the discs in the upper pocket, and secure the lower flap as well; or I can just secure the discs in the upper pocket by pulling the cord over the sunglass case. Works beautifully. I keep my 3-4 most used discs in the upper pocket, never worry about losing them, and greatly reduce my need to even go into the lower portion for discs.

i just played a round with my bag today its amazing i have the frame in the bottom but i dont have enough discs to fill it so i have a bungie cord to keep them from tipping over and falling out i put a speaker in the top for shiggles and i love it probably going to find a way to hook up my dogs leash to it without destroying the bag we shall see

i just played a round with my bag today its amazing i have the frame in the bottom but i dont have enough discs to fill it so i have a bungie cord to keep them from tipping over and falling out i put a speaker in the top for shiggles and i love it probably going to find a way to hook up my dogs leash to it without destroying the bag we shall see

Glad you are getting some good use out of Ian! SHould have told me you needed more discs to fill it up with!! Could have hooked you up with a few.

Still loving my Cabela's bag. Been playing a ton of winter disc with it.

Pro-Tip: If you live or play in ANY sort of rough/snow/wet terrain, make sure you Plasti-Seal the bottom of the bag. It's pretty amazing stuff and saves a TON of wear and tear on the bottom of the bag.

Still eyeballing the Grip bag (or Voodoo Spinal Tap when it comes out) for a Spring/Summer/Fall bag and then using the Cabela's bag for punishing winter disc.

I have this bag as well, loving it with the exception of one thing...What have you guys done with the "flap" that occurs when you have your discs in the bottom. I have PVC running on the bottom, not a whole frame, but just to hold them from rolling out...I just have the flap well, flapping around and its kind of annoying is all... All of your ideas have been awesome, got my buddy hooked on this bag, and at a tourney last week we ran into another dude with the bag, I think that was the last 3 here in the Omaha area!

Thanks in advance!

I have this bag as well, loving it with the exception of one thing...What have you guys done with the "flap" that occurs when you have your discs in the bottom. I have PVC running on the bottom, not a whole frame, but just to hold them from rolling out...I just have the flap well, flapping around and its kind of annoying is all... All of your ideas have been awesome, got my buddy hooked on this bag, and at a tourney last week we ran into another dude with the bag, I think that was the last 3 here in the Omaha area!

Thanks in advance!
If you're referring to front flap (on the Green Cabela's bag) where you open the bag to access the discs in the lower compartment - I had it tucked inside the lower compartment. With 18 discs on top of it, they held it down with no issues, and nothing fell out.

I have since left it out, so the snow doesn't get inside the bag when it's deep. At first I thought it was a pain, but I'm fine withleaving it out now. Plus there's an extra zippered pouch on the front than I can use (not available with it stuffed under discs).

FYI - I've sewed the zippers on either side to limit how far down the zippers go down (mentioned earlier in the thread).

If you're referring to front flap (on the Green Cabela's bag) where you open the bag to access the discs in the lower compartment - I had it tucked inside the lower compartment. With 18 discs on top of it, they held it down with no issues, and nothing fell out.

I have since left it out, so the snow doesn't get inside the bag when it's deep. At first I thought it was a pain, but I'm fine withleaving it out now. Plus there's an extra zippered pouch on the front than I can use (not available with it stuffed under discs).

FYI - I've sewed the zippers on either side to limit how far down the zippers go down (mentioned earlier in the thread).

Yep. I tucked the XPS flap underneath the frame and never looked back. My discs have never fallen out. Great bag.

sorry i didn't specify what "this" bag was. Yes the Cabela's XPS one. I tucked the flap under once and all my discs fell out, I remember reading about the zipper stop sewing, and totally forgot! Thanks for the reminder! I will do the zipper stop and try folding it under my discs then...My issue is my front part of my frame, which is onle a piece of PVC is glued into place, so tucking UNDER the PVC is out as of now i guess...My buddy cut the padding out of his flap then it folds back nicely...I will tinker with it and see what i can come up with, but i think the zipper stops is the way to go!

Thanks again for all the great ideas and making this a disc golf bag...As stated before, I COULD have bought the Grip bag, but just could not bring myself to drop $200 on a bag...

sorry i didn't specify what "this" bag was. Yes the Cabela's XPS one. I tucked the flap under once and all my discs fell out, I remember reading about the zipper stop sewing, and totally forgot! Thanks for the reminder! I will do the zipper stop and try folding it under my discs then...My issue is my front part of my frame, which is onle a piece of PVC is glued into place, so tucking UNDER the PVC is out as of now i guess...My buddy cut the padding out of his flap then it folds back nicely...I will tinker with it and see what i can come up with, but i think the zipper stops is the way to go!

Thanks again for all the great ideas and making this a disc golf bag...As stated before, I COULD have bought the Grip bag, but just could not bring myself to drop $200 on a bag...

I use a PVC frame + zipper stops and never have an issue with discs falling out. It probably helps that I keep a few things in the front pocket, which keeps it stiff and upright instead of floppy.

The only thing I don't like about this configuration is that you have too have the bottom loaded with discs in order for them not to slide and lay sideways. I don't need to pack a ton of stuff in the top compartment to keep the discs firm either. You almost need to mod some kind of dividers like the dual pack.

Cabellas Pro Angler Pack Discontinued

FYI... The Cabellas Pro Angler Pack is discontinued and out-of-stock. The replacement item they now have would not work the same.