• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

NC

I still frequent DGR. the conversation tends to be a bit more focused there.

back on topic: yeah let's shoot for Saturday March 19th 10 am at Richmond Hill. Hopefully DSCJNKY will show us around (or any other local). we'll play the afternoon round at Waynesville or Va-Du-Mar (in SC) depending on how everyone feels. I'm new to the area and am open to better suggestions. I also hope to drum up some SC guys if that's okay with the old NC crowd. also if anyone thinks this will still be too cold we can push it out.

I might be headin' up the hill to Ashe-Vegas on Saturday.

I wish I could go. I got other priorities....:(

back on topic: yeah let's shoot for Saturday March 19th 10 am at Richmond Hill. Hopefully DSCJNKY will show us around (or any other local). we'll play the afternoon round at Waynesville or Va-Du-Mar (in SC) depending on how everyone feels. I'm new to the area and am open to better suggestions. I also hope to drum up some SC guys if that's okay with the old NC crowd. also if anyone thinks this will still be too cold we can push it out.

I would be down for that. Heck I might even be able to hit Va-Du-Mar on the way back too. I love that course. Bring yo SC folks. *It'll be a gay ol' time!

(*gay like the flintstones, not like Franky-Dee)

The only problem I see with that date... Carolina Clash is that weekend.

^ Oh yeah.... Shhheeet.... I forgot about the Clash. I aint game for missin' that. Can it be pushed ahead to April Keltik?

that's why we put things to discussion. I hadn't seen the latest tourney schedule and was not aware of the Clash being that weekend. April huh? how bout we do it the weekend before the Clash? March 12? pushing it out to April and then it would be harder to commit. that and taxes are due then and Easter is upon us.

so no takers for March 12? I didn't see anything in April either so we may push it out anyway. I'm an easy going guy. I want to have a good turnout. I guess I'll start a new thread to promote the NC vs. SC idea.

so I'll put it as this we can do Asheville/Waynesville either March 12 or April 9.

I am down for whenever. I prefer April though. It should be perfect weather in Ashe-tucky by then. You can count on me bein' there chief.

I bet I can get these folks to carpool up there with me too:

DiscChucker
Ordered Chaos

bikinjack (would probably roll up there on his own with:
R-Intermediate
sloppydisc
(come out from Raleigh)

Last edited:
I am only going if we go to the Coyote Kitchen for Kobe beef tacos and beer! R-intermediate won't play with me anymore. I crowd his damn box!

If you are swinging it in Asheville, I would be interested - and March sounds real good - don't want to f*** with MLB opening day. I can probably get another solid player to come along (Buzzhenn on DGCR). Also can car pool with sloppydisc, since I am in Raleigh as well.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout.... let's get this thing started. I would be willing to bet DSCJNKY would be willing to show up too. We could get alot of upstate SC guys to meet up there too.

Try to get a date set in stone Keltik and I can find a SLEW of folks to send invites/heads up notices to for this thing.

Oh and Sloppydics, you will be buyin' my beers after I serve you up at Richmond Hill.

so no takers for March 12? I didn't see anything in April either so we may push it out anyway. I'm an easy going guy. I want to have a good turnout. I guess I'll start a new thread to promote the NC vs. SC idea.

so I'll put it as this we can do Asheville/Waynesville either March 12 or April 9.

That's some wise thinking on your part about taxes. :doh: I'm good with March 12th. I might be able to do April but I won't know for sure until it gets closer. It really depends on what the school district here decides on doing about make up days for the recent snow/ice days. If they cut into spring break then you can count me in. However, if they don't touch spring break then we'll be traveling and we'll likely be gone on the weekends before and after spring break.

I like the idea of a friendly NC vs. SC meet up. :hfive:

We'll kick their ass's and steal their bags. Then we'll leave them in the woods with the descendants of the guys from Deliverance.

An NC vs. SC meetup would be kinda tight.... then we can post group photos of both teams and other folks on here can vote which crew is the ugliest! LOL!

(SC team can have Sloppydisc.... that way both teams playing skills are raised!)

I'm in..probably

I'm probably in but wouldn't the Charlotte area be more in the middle between Greenville and Raleigh if most folks are coming from those 2 places? IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO POST ON THIS MEETUP DO NOT POST HERE -- USE THE "NC vs SC friendly" THREAD.

Last edited:

Latest posts