• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Need a long straight fairway.

Best long straight fairway

• Gazelle

Votes: 6 5.1%
  • Cyclone

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • TL

Votes: 45 38.1%
  • FD

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • JLS

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Other

Votes: 42 35.6%

• Total voters

kyledstauffer

Eagle Member
I'm looking for a long (300-350) fairway driver for tight wooded shots that goes dead nuts straight for a good while before fading. I'm thinking gazelle or cyclone...can't decide. Open to other options as well. For reference, by teebird goes between 350-400 on average and my orc is about the same (I don't throw anything faster.

I'm looking for a long (300-350) fairway driver for tight wooded shots that goes dead nuts straight for a good while before fading. I'm thinking gazelle or cyclone...can't decide. Open to other options as well. For reference, by teebird goes between 350-400 on average and my orc is about the same (I don't throw anything faster.

If you're throwing your TeeBird 350-400 it should be going straight a long way before fading. And you're already throwing further than most. We should be asking you for advice.

If you're throwing your Teebird 350-400 you should have no problems throwing a Roc 300. If you insist on a driver a Leopard will also fit the bill at 300ft power.

I use a Champ Eagle-L or Star Teebird for these shots. The TL and Leo are also great discs.

There's a whole buttload of options though.

If you're throwing your Teebird 350-400 you should have no problems throwing a Roc 300. If you insist on a driver a Leopard will also fit the bill at 300ft power.

Well, my buzzzes top out just over 300. Leo's have a bit too much turn for me. I should have mentioned that I can't hyzer-flip...so I'd like something that goes pretty straight off a flat release. I was thinking gazelle or cyclone. A tl could possibly fit the bill

Rocs or Buzzz's but they require a little more heighth. For tunnel shots I use beat ESP Avengers, but since you don't have a 4 year old Avenger, go with a Discraft Stalker. It has been called by many a "longer Buzzz".

The Leopard works well for straight shots. That's one of my favorite fairway drivers.

I'd say Buzzz... I like my TL and I also carry a Gazelle for the slot that you describe, but it really isn't necessary. I don't think I've ever actually seen a situation that my Teebird would be too long for but my Buzzz too short for. But if you really want a fairway, then yeah... Get the Gazelle first because you can easily find one in DX ($8). If it doesn't work, slap down the $16 for a Star TL.

Why not ask the actual question you want answered, Gazelle or Cyclone?

It sounds like the new Ace Race disc is what you want.

Leopard. PERFECT for this shot....and any shot ever. Best driver made IMHO.

Latest posts