• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New course in metro Detroit

mohmandm

Par Member
Oakland University is opening up a course on sept. 10th. It is supposed to be a great mix of elevation, tee locations, and wooded areas. I believe it is located on the northeastern side of campus. Check it out and maybe we will get some good reviews on here.

Thats sweet! Sounds like a good course. They should level most of Detroit and put in more disc golf courses. It would be a better use of the land!:)

Cool, I will have to look that course up when I visit the parents this fall. Let us know when you go to play it.

Will do. I'm kind of spoiled. I grew up in Kzoo so I had a lot of courses. Went to school at MSU so I always had Grand Woods and the MSU course. Now I have a ton of local courses around detroit. Got to love it. Yet I still can't get an ace...

YES!!!!

This will probably be like the 3rd closest course to me now. Where did you get this information from? How many holes? Is it going to be near the civic center course on the campus?

OU's just minutes from where I work. Can't wait to play this course - hopefully several evenings after a long day!:D

From what I heard, it should be a decent course. According to someone fairly close to the project:

"the baskets are in and the pads are somewhat set. Signs are not in yet.
People have been showing up to play during the week during the day and are being asked to leave as the teams are still working on the course."

oh boy oh boy oh boy!@
new course new course!

rochester, ack. kind of far from livonia.
but closer than kzoo at least :)

I just got done playing the course!! After I saw this post I got exited and thought I was about to be playing a secret course, but it looks like the secrets already out ;). When I pulled up there were like 20 cars there. All the tee pads and baskets were in place!

The course itself was higher than my expectations, it's pretty challenging! It still has the new course rough on the sides that will eat your disc. It really kind of reminded me of a ""mini"" kensington black locust.

As of right now I would rate this course a 3, but it will probably change to a 3.5 after some work.

That's awesome. I have a ton of family in michigan still and a buddy who goes to oakland university so I'll have to go play it next time i'm out there

I have heard that sometimes they ask you to leave if they are working on the course. What time is good to go play so nobody is working on it?

I have heard that sometimes they ask you to leave if they are working on the course. What time is good to go play so nobody is working on it?

I think all the work is done! Unless they plan on puting in tee signs and you catch them while they're doing that, otherwise you'll be good whenever.

Well I went yesterday... Holy crap, there is some thick brush anywhere off the fairway. I was also about 20ft from a baby buck. I just kept thinking about the show "when animals attack." Needless to say, I left it alone.

yay! another course for summer play (not that im tired of Stony in any way shape or form). its just always good to go to a fresh course.

in fact i only just made it to Addison this summer (been playing around the area for 3 and some odd years)! i thought i had hit all the old standbys (firefighters, river bends, etc.)

so now ill have my played course total up around 15 by next year (im only at 6 or 7 right now) thanks to having a car up here in lansing this year i can go to grand woods, that one in milford, as well as a ****load when i go to ann arbor/ypsilanti!

hooray for becoming seasoned (and not eaten)!!!

Thats sweet! Sounds like a good course. They should level most of Detroit and put in more disc golf courses. It would be a better use of the land!:)

It's true.
yay! another course for summer play (not that im tired of Stony in any way shape or form). its just always good to go to a fresh course.

in fact i only just made it to Addison this summer (been playing around the area for 3 and some odd years)! i thought i had hit all the old standbys (firefighters, river bends, etc.)

so now ill have my played course total up around 15 by next year (im only at 6 or 7 right now) thanks to having a car up here in lansing this year i can go to grand woods, that one in milford, as well as a ****load when i go to ann arbor/ypsilanti!

hooray for becoming seasoned (and not eaten)!!!

Make sure to hit Fitzgerald in Grand Ledge. I enjoyed it more than Grand Woods. And Hudson Mills is a must. It's pay 2 play, but there are 48 holes on site.

played it today , fun stuff.

kind of hard to find, right near the soccer fields.

whens it gonna be up on dgcr ?

Latest posts