• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Disc - Hurricane (DGA)

Plankeye

Double Eagle Member
Here is a picture of a new disc that is coming out soon. This is a test disc that was made on 7/23.

I saw it on ebay this morning: Hurricane

Looks like yet another disc that I will be unable to throw properly, due to its speed requirement.

They prolly wont be a big seller in Louisiana:( oops too soon?:thmbdown:

So if I were to buy this, would it be one of those rare discs people want in a few years

I know some people like the 1st run of discs, so I thought maybe the test run would be even more rare.

...here comes the story of the hurricane...the man the authorities came to blame... Those the words?

I think after superbowl win lousiana should be on the up and up. It is a pretty good place.

Has anyone thrown the Hurricane yet? I picked one up yesterday and it flies very nice. A little less stable than the nuke, but flies far with less effort.

This disc is pretty sweet. I agree that it's a little less stable than a nuke, or maybe it's just because it's slightly slower that it seems that way.

I would say that this disc is more like an ESP Surge or Star Wraith, but faster and definately more glide. On the same lines I always throw my Surge on, it was giving me more distance. It definately glides a good deal more than my Surge. Several times today with it I had what I thought were bad throws, and then get up to it, and was surprised that I was inside the circle.

It didn't do too bad in the wind either, though it's not a headwind disc by any stretch. It's definately not as nose angle sensitive as the Katana, and more HSS and LSS than the Katana as well.

I think the rating that DGA has on it are pretty spot on I guess, or at least for me.

The best thing about the disc for me is the rim. It's not as chunky as the Nuke, Katana, Boss, and other super fast drivers. It fit in my hand just like the Surge, which is pretty much ideal for me.

Just got one.

It's less stable than a Force and more stable than a Pro Destroyer, which are it's closest comparisons, IMO. Rim and wing are very Destroyer like in curve and in thickness, top has some dome, with a nice radius down at the rim. To me, it flies how I would expect a Star Destroyer should fly, but my newish ones are overstable.

I didn't get to throw it alot, but in my quick assessment, it's a keeper.

Picked one up the other day... seems to fly like the proto destroyers. Although I honestly have not done enough field work with it to accurately say