• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Feldberg video blog

I thought the video was extremely respectful and he was so complimentary of the other guy. Classy right there. Good for him.

The guys is a great ambassador of the sport. Case in point, after he wins the Scandinavian Open 2010, first thing he does is thank the crowd for being there, saying that their energy is what helped Nikko ace a 335 footer.

It's not always this cold in Kansas this time of year. Just been a cold couple of months so far.

his discs didnt seem to bother him anywhere else. All he should of said was i wasn't on top of my game and didn't play as good as i could. Sure i could blame the wind or my discs, but I'm a man and can put it on myself.

When he did his ITB, he seemed to make it pretty clear that he was getting used to his new bag.

I may be in the minority here, but I think Feldbeard f'ing rules. Mostly because he pretty close to my age and is still hucking it with the 20 year olds.

Good on him.

I love how when pros start talking about weather/course conditions etc. it's automatically considered "whining"

The entire blog post was awesome and candid. Its nice to get a pro's real take on things such as conditions, how it affects your game, and not let how you play in one round affect your entire outlook on your game. Great advice!

Haven't watched the video yet, but the winds was the worst I've ever played. Still, Nikko was able to shoot -5 that day and a 14 yr. old kid here from Jefferson City shot +2 on the front at Muni and +3 on the back and that included 2 double-bogeys. He crushed us all as the the wind simply didn't phase him.

I guess my point is if you put your mind to it, I guess you can play well in any conditions... I surely didn't but it was a blast either way and I'll go back to Emporia again and again. Super tournament.

It's not always this cold in Kansas this time of year. Just been a cold couple of months so far.

lol, apologizing for the weather. there are places that are hard for disc golf, then there are places that are absolutely brutal for disc golf. you sir, live in the latter.
that being said, it's all about timing.

Nice video. I didn't feel like he was complaining - just telling it like it is....cold as hell, and wind like crazy isn't enjoyable for him. Or me!

I love how when pros start talking about weather/course conditions etc. it's automatically considered "whining"

The entire blog post was awesome and candid. Its nice to get a pro's real take on things such as conditions, how it affects your game, and not let how you play in one round affect your entire outlook on your game. Great advice!

Agreed 100%. If that's whining, then you do NOT want to be around me on a windy SE Wisconsin day while I have a disc in my hand.

lol, apologizing for the weather. there are places that are hard for disc golf, then there are places that are absolutely brutal for disc golf. you sir, live in the latter.
that being said, it's all about timing.

Well you're right about the timing. The couple of weeks before GBO it was sunny and 75 degrees day after day.

Now it's 40 and wet.

Agree with the no whining sentiment after watching and playing in my first GBO this weekend, I agree with him. I'll go back for sure as it was super fun, but I'll temper my expectations accordingly.

Most of the amateurs I spoke with were mainly checking out the venues as a worlds tune-up which was my #1 priority as well. That all changed after being only 4 out of the lead after day one. That's when my brain got in the way and I did my usual tank job the following rounds.

Can't wait for worlds in July!!

I like the video. He was being honest about his thoughts and giving people an update on his tour and injury. The part that sank home with me was the part about being 36 and not wanting to play in bad weather all the time. I am just starting to understand how my 30 year old body can't play 6+ rounds of disc golf a day like I used to do 3 years ago on weekends. He is getting to that point where things like terrible weather will put more of a strain on your body. That was the best perspective that made me think about my game in years to come.

Latest posts