• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Feldberg video blog

I am just starting to understand how my 30 year old body can't play 6+ rounds of disc golf a day like I used to do 3 years ago on weekends. He is getting to that point where things like terrible weather will put more of a strain on your body. That was the best perspective that made me think about my game in years to come.

its more about being in shape. im 23 and if i dont work out ill tweak something regularly playing winter golf.

Why?

Why is this a "VLOG"? It's just him talking. I love his stories but a few more visuals are needed to make me watch instead of just listening.

He should also turn this into a podcast (audio and video versions).

Maybe Dave has future plans to show highlights of some of the things he's talking about?

I do like all the pro DGers creating media these days.

its more about being in shape. im 23 and if i dont work out ill tweak something regularly playing winter golf.

Wait another ten years and see if you still feel the same way. I'm 38 and felt the same way you did at your age. I can definitely relate to Dave.

I'm just looking forward to the tournament coverage where Dave's beard is on the top card. Not him, just the beard...

--That 14 yr old kid from Jeff City, his ratings just keep going up, and up. He's legit.--
http://www.pdga.com/player_stats/59701
I wish he would play worlds, but he's not on the list yet. Probably family vacation issues I'm guessing.

Regarding getting old and cold...I had my 43rd birthday during GBO. It's Wednesday and I still feel like I haven't recovered - I'm seriously tired, even after going to bed 1.5 hrs early last night to try to shake it.

GBO is a blast. KS weather can be fickle. We had a tournament in KS in February - it was fantastic. Winds 10-15, temps in the low 60's. 4 days prior to GBO, wind wasn't supposed to be a factor on Saturday. Saturday came and so did the wind.

I think there is a correlation, instead of coincidental, of KS wind and spring. However it is an not an absolute correlation meaning there are some very very nice spring days. There are even nice winter days, you just never know.

Regarding the video - Feldbeard is just giving his opinion, take it for what it is. I think he secretly wants to be part of this crew though:

logo.png

feldberg blog

i have mixed emotions about his video. i really appreciate his honesty about the conditions. i really feel he was very sincere in with what he was saying. he seems like a pretty cool guy also. i've never met him though. he's right about getting old and choosing what tournaments he plays. im 46 and my body just can't do the things it used to do.

now the negatives; i think mentioning the course and weather a lot and how bad things were may make the glass blown tournament turnout decline a bit. i have to be honest, i just will not play there. after seeing the wind putt video and listening to this video blog; im not going anywhere near that place. hell, im not going to worlds because its in kansas. also, he and other pros seemed to have negative things to say about the worlds tournament in Charlotte last year. i just think that since the sport needs more momentum to grow, leaders like him have to be careful what they say. i think his intentions are good, they just seem to fall in the category of whining. all in all i really liked the video. i just really want this sport to grow and be taken seriously. pros have such a great influence now on where this sport goes.

Someone should make a "Feldberg" version of this tee shirt concept...

che-guevara-tshirt_design.jpg

Someone would walk up to you and start to criticize you for wearing a Che tee shirt, but you'd say "No, this is a disc golfer from Oregon..." Easy disc golf conversation starter!

i'd buy a dave feldberg shirt like.

his complaint with the wind got tiresome after 5 minutes straight.

we get it: the weather sucked.

feldberg is really critical of the shortcomings of this sport. when you are so observant the less serious folk will always be annoyed.

feldberg is really critical of the shortcomings of this sport. when you are so observant the less serious folk will always be annoyed.

This! You always need to be critical of yourself and your passions or else you never improve. I think Feldbeard's the ideal person to be in that critical position.

Dave is cool IMO. Very honest and hard working for the sport of Disc Golf.

Best teacher of the game of the big name pros, even though I've criticized the fact he often contradicts the guys he is teaching with. That is just life in DG I think. There isn't really one right style, especially with putting.

From someone who is totally neutral regarding Team Feldberg, I thought it was a bit whiny. If I had a dollar for every time he said "wind"....

I'm surprised no one ITT said the most overused and flat out wrong comment you always hear about bad holes, bad rules or bad conditions.

"Well everyone had to play it (or in them in the case of conditions), so it's fair."

Please tell me other phases of life where the definition of "fair" is "unfair for everyone."

The penalty for speeding is death. It's cool though, anyone who speeds is put to death.

never heard someone cry so much about wind. The best compete no matter what conditions. im sure everyone would love to play in perfect weather but it doesn't happen.

Funny how everyone interprets things differently.. His concern was consistency, from one shot to the next you could have a difference in 30 - 40 mphs in wind change. His rant was about fairness and consistency..

If I travelled as a pro or even as a spectator I'd hate to be apart of an event where the weather is the deciding factor in the results (to much luck comes into play)...

I think the emphasis on wind was cover for saying some players were hoping to avoid gusts by taking 60-90 seconds to throw -- and not getting called. Some might call it whining, but they were getting away with breaking the rules. I'd call it a legitimate beef that should have been directed at the TD, not to the general public.

Latest posts