• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New From Houston/Greenville

Ripcurl

Sup folks-

New disc golfer here from Kingwood area outside of Houston but moving to South Carolina here in a couple of months. I decided to get into this while on a trip to Greenville last month and finally picked up some discs.

Not only am I new to the sport, I am pretty new to just throwing a disc where I want it to go so I am working on that currently.

I bought an Omega SS Putter, Innova Beast Driver (after reading some things, looks like the salesman may have steered me wrong on this one), and an Innova Cobra Mid-Range which I already love.

Right now, just looking to learn as much as possible and play a course soon. Going to try and play USC-Upstate in Spartanburg next week.

Looking forward to browsing the forum and learning a ton-

Greg

There's a great crowd here in Upstate South Carolina. I would highly recommend playing Timmons. There are holes that teach you how to shape shots, but not punish you so much that you want to quit playing the sport. Feel free to PM me to play at any point, because I work in Greenville.

Welcome!

Timmons is a nice little course up there! Short but a lot of fun. They have dubs on Tuesdays there.

I would also recommend playing in Greer and Central. And Boiling Springs.

hey man. Greenville Local here. I think Timmons dubs is over. shoot me a PM if you want to try and play some time.

Last edited:
Heed everyone's advice about Timmons. It's a very fun short course, a pretty place to play, and suitable for someone just starting out. (It remains fun for those who've played a while, too). Some of the other upstate courses are fine, perhaps even better for experienced players, but they might not be where you want to start.

Lots of fine people in the disc golf community up there, too.

welcome.. once you get in the upstate give me a shout.. lot of us from the upstate on here.. im in Clemson and can get to Shaver, Sertoma, Grand Central, etc. in about 10-15 minutes so im always down for a round :)

I live in Humble. Pm me some contact info,and I will be happy to show you some pointers before you move away