• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Gal from Canada

aevew

Bogey Member
Hi there!

I started playing disc golf this spring (my first round was at the Women's Global Event, and I was hooked) and I've been lurking around these forums about as long, trying to learn how to get better. My boyfriend picked up dg again (he played in college) because of my enthusiasm, and we typically get out to play at least once a weekend. I also joined a local league that meets up once a week, and it is very male-dominated. I've seen a huge improvement in my game since that first time I played, but I'm still typically in the +16 range, which usually means I have the worst score in league. It can get frustrating sometimes, but disc golf is fun and I keep reminding myself that I'm still new to it and one day I might catch up.

Welcome from the Seattle area! :)

I'm in southern Ontario, near Hamilton. It's supposed to be -5 tomorrow, so we'll see how I handle playing in the cold. Time to bundle up. :\

wow, and I think 40s is cold ;)

anywaz, welcome from South Carolina :)

haha... I wanna winter in South Carolina :)

anywhooos, welcome to the site! You have a great attitude for disc golf... it really is about having a good time and working on your skills as you go along... :thmbup:

Hello from Curacao! You'll fit in well down here. Unfortunately it is still male dominated but we are shooting well over par. If I'm +10 it was a VERY GOOD day :) Sorry we can not match you on temperature unless you reach -27 then you can just switch the - to a + :p

Hi there!

I've seen a huge improvement in my game since that first time I played, but I'm still typically in the +16 range, which usually means I have the worst score in league. It can get frustrating sometimes, but disc golf is fun and I keep reminding myself that I'm still new to it and one day I might catch up.

Welcome!

That's the right attitude to have. As long as you're having fun, you're winning. One of our members' wives joined this year, and started the summer shooting +16, and ended the summer with a best of +3. It was really cool to watch her slowly improve, and now her drive form is better than most of ours!

Hello from Curacao! You'll fit in well down here. Unfortunately it is still male dominated but we are shooting well over par. If I'm +10 it was a VERY GOOD day :) Sorry we can not match you on temperature unless you reach -27 then you can just switch the - to a + :p

Hold on, are there courses in Curacao??

And welcome to the forums, aevew! It's great to have some women here too! :thmbup: