• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] New Innova Stuff

IT - Innova Tech from Innova Champion Discs

Max Weight: 176.0gr
Diameter: 21.2cm
Height: 1.6cm
Rim Depth: 1.2cm
Rim Thickness: 1.8cm
Inside Rim Diameter: 17.5cm
Rim Depth / Diameter Ratio: 5.7%
Rim Configuration: 38.75
Flexibility: 8.98kg

Strange name... Did somebody slip Dave something in his coffee?...
Other than the name, the rim configuration is also odd; only Innova drivers with >34 rim config are Kite and Savant and both are >2 less than this.
Calling IT now - this is an FD
The name leads me to think its a combination of a '3' top + a VTech bottom so FD2 v3 flat top + Leopard3/Centurion VTech bottom is my guess. Centurion was 37 rim config & 1.8cm height, FD2 v3 was 33.75 rim config and 1.6cm height with the L wing bottom.
Picture looks like a regular Leopard top and a convex bottom rim (new? 7 speed Roadrunner-like)
So are we going to call this the "eye tee" or the "it"?
They didn't specify...but did use it like 'it' in the description
https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/star-it/
https://proshop.innovadiscs.com/gstar-it/

The Innova IT Fairway Driver was made from a mix of DNA of the Leopard and Roadrunner creating a disc with a gentle turn and exceptional glide. When you would expect another Fairway Driver to fade and drop, IT holds the line and carries. Take some power off, hit the gap, and watch IT glide right to the pin. IT is perfect for lacing lines through the woods and IT also makes an exceptional roller disc. For the easiest, straightest distance in a Fairway Driver, turn to IT.

Flight Numbers: 7 / 6 / -2 / 1

shoulda gone with this as a stamp
giphy.gif

Wow that disc looks weird, definitely think it's a new bottom rim based off looks and specs.

That profile pic shows a really big dome. Odd Innova would go that way with a new mold when most seem to be trending to mild dome.

That profile pic shows a really big dome. Odd Innova would go that way with a new mold when most seem to be trending to mild dome.

Totally agree. I bought a TL recently after not having one for years and the dome was gigantic. Not sure i will ever bag it.

There's an employee fudged up, ran the wrong mold pieces together, produced a large amount of discs and Dave D saying make a stamp and make some money kind of vibe to this disc.

I just don't understand why they keep making more 7 speeds. Between the Hawkeye being the FD (and DD claiming it's a different mold but very similar, still confused on this), re-releasing the Fairway Disc, Teebird and Eagle still reigning, and the 3 versions, and the TL... and its 3 version. Why the hell? There are spots in the lineup they could be rounding out, other DM molds they could re-release (P3X would be nice) ... attempting to reconstruct the old Beast mold?

I forgot the Leopard3! They have 7 covered twice! The Infinite Discs profile says its 10/3/-3/2. That would've been a cool disc!!

Last edited:
Glide of 6 sells discs. So does beginner friendly. Also, beat in version of X. Just waiting until someone claims a disc has a 9 glide.

I just don't understand why they keep making more 7 speeds. Between the Hawkeye being the FD (and DD claiming it's a different mold but very similar, still confused on this), re-releasing the Fairway Disc, Teebird and Eagle still reigning, and the 3 versions, and the TL... and its 3 version. Why the hell? There are spots in the lineup they could be rounding out, other DM molds they could re-release (P3X would be nice) ... attempting to reconstruct the old Beast mold?

I forgot the Leopard3! They have 7 covered twice! The Infinite Discs profile says its 10/3/-3/2. That would've been a cool disc!!

They do have a bit of a hole in their lineup that a truly understable slow fairway would fill. Leos and Leo3s are not exactly flippy in premium for most chuckers like me.

EDIT: funny that I'm calling a truly understable slow fairway a hole... they might as well fill it though as opposed to releasing another ridiculous slow OS approach disc or another Corvette warp speed driver.

Last edited:
I got two star IT for fun. So far my conclusion is they fly inconsistently, and the wing feels funky with that convex bit. Dont see a place for it in the bag.

They do have a bit of a hole in their lineup that a truly understable slow fairway would fill. Leos and Leo3s are not exactly flippy in premium for most chuckers like me.

EDIT: funny that I'm calling a truly understable slow fairway a hole... they might as well fill it though as opposed to releasing another ridiculous slow OS approach disc or another Corvette warp speed driver.

This is It. Sorry couldn't resist. New Leopards don't fly the same in premium plastic, more so than most molds. The domey Star Leopards I have are more HSS stable than my TL's and FD's.

The champion Leos are domey and horrible, but starts have been pretty good imu

Sent from my M2004J19C using Tapatalk

I got two star IT for fun. So far my conclusion is they fly inconsistently, and the wing feels funky with that convex bit. Dont see a place for it in the bag.
does it feel like a 7 speed rim? I like RRs and Leos so it might be a better fit for a slow US fairway driver off the shelf rather than dropping down in weight. Did you try any standstill BH/FH or patent pending type shots?

does it feel like a 7 speed rim? I like RRs and Leos so it might be a better fit for a slow US fairway driver off the shelf rather than dropping down in weight. Did you try any standstill BH/FH or patent pending type shots?

I did not. Will report back when I do. It may be a nice US compliment to your leo though. First throw I loved it, slow gradual turn that it just held the whole way. At the end of my round, there was no hint of US in it...fatigue may have been a factor however.