• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New player in NC

ericbruesch

Hi all! A buddy introduced me to the sport just a couple of weeks ago and I just may be bitten by the bug. Only played one proper round so far but I have a handful of discs: an Innova starter kit including an Aviar, a Valkyrie, and a Panther in Champion plastic, plus picked up two DX Rocs to toss around for practice.

I need a bag-- the plastic grocery bag doesn't quite cut it! Just ordered a small bag and a Leopard in Champion plastic. My DX Rocs are already dinged up after a week of nicking the brick wall behind my apartments during practice, I think Champion material is the way to go.

Any advice on discs or practice tips are very welcome! I look forward to learning enough to ask educated questions.

NC is a hotspot for DG action.
With winter coming on I'm not sure of any league action, but I'm sure there are numerous local websites/clubs that have that info.
Welcome to the site and addiction from your neighbor in GA!

Those nicks and scrapes on the DX Roc are a good thing. I love my worn in Rocs. Welome to the addiction!!

If you're in the triangle area, these guys are a good group to play with: http://www.trianglechainposse.com/

The Charlotte scene always has something going on. I live in N Randolph Co so between N. Asheboro, Cedarock, Creekside, and Springwood (and sometimes Barber) you might run into me.

Welcome to the sport and by the way, DX Rocs are awesome. They'll get dinged up but they're legendary for seasoning into straight flyers. Just stop throwing them into the wall :p

Where are you at in NC Eric?

I'm in Greensboro, just played the Meadows at Guilford College which is practically walking distance from my apt. This Sunday the plan is to play Johnson St Park in High Point.

Where are you?

EDIT: I see you're in Brevard, that's beautiful country. I lived in Asheville for 6-7 years during high school and college (UNCA).

Last edited:
Welcome to the sport and by the way, DX Rocs are awesome. They'll get dinged up but they're legendary for seasoning into straight flyers. Just stop throwing them into the wall :p

From your lips to god's ears, Brother. :wall:

Charlotte isn't too far from Greensboro and I've already heard about the scene there, I'm sure I'll get there before too long.

And thanks to everyone for a nice welcome!

Welcome aboard, brother! If you ever find yourself in Wilmington, drop me a line. Love to play the SE NC courses with you.

Welcome to the addiction. Keep dinging up those Rocs and in no time you will have the coveted "seasoned" Roc. Like an earlier post stated - a must in NC woods. Enjoy.

Welcome! If you ever find yourself in the Charlotte or Albemarle area and need a guide feel free to contact me!

Welcome, an old beat in ROC can be your best friend. Age and wear often equal predicability, it took a year for me to realize this fact.

Latest posts