• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Rit Formula = No Dying Discs

It's all usable good dye, just picked up older stuff here and there from around town, ended up with a decent stash. But I prefer the jaquard idye, the color is much better and higher quality than rit, after using it I really have no desire to use rit again unless I have to.

Would you like to get rid of your rit dye? And Where do you get the idye from? How does its price compare to rit?

I think it depends on where you live. I've looked everywhere around my house and can't find it. But there are several online retailers.

That could be true, they're based just north of San Francisco from what I could find, I'm surprised you didn't find them out in Utah. But the deals you found online were the best I've seen price wise on it.

Found some powder with numbers #xxx10 at a local Michaels store. They were behind the #xxx11 ones. I pulled them all from the shelf in the search. No black but scored some orange, royal and navy blue which I was looking for. All the rest had #xxx11 but they were hard to see, you really had to put them a foot or less from your face just to see that stamping.

All their liquid was stamped #xxx11.

Thanks for the heads-up guys. Good luck in your quests for Rit dye.

All their liquid was stamped #xxx11.

Donny, The year on the liquid is not going to always mean that it does not work. If the bottle cap has the letters ND on it also, then it will NOT work. ND = no discs (not really, but good way to remember).
The same holds true for the packets but the ND can be harder to see. Open the box and the bag should have writing on it. If you can read the writing and do not see ND, then this color should also work.

I'm not certain but I think if you can make out the ND on one of the powders from a batch, I'd assume the whole batch is ND

Scored 2 boxes of pearl grey, 1 tangerine, 1 dark green, 1 scarlet this past weekend. Everything else had the "bad" #'s. I was hoping for a better haul, but the boxes were just dusty and not as old as I had hoped for...

two quick questions. i am also too lazy to find them in this thread.
1) why did rit change the formula?
2) what numbers are good batches and where are they located?

1) Unavailability (cost prohibitive is the conspiracy theory here) of some ingredients

2) Anything ending in '11' or marked with 'ND' (which we have since labeled as meaning "No Disc"). There are 5 digits in the batch number. The first 3 represent day on manufacture, the last 2 represent year. Batch 12311 would represent that it was made on the 123d day of 2011.

1) Unavailability (cost prohibitive is the conspiracy theory here) of some ingredients

2) Anything ending in '11' or marked with 'ND' (which we have since labeled as meaning "No Disc"). There are 5 digits in the batch number. The first 3 represent day on manufacture, the last 2 represent year. Batch 12311 would represent that it was made on the 123d day of 2011.

i thought you want the xxx10 batches. made from 2010. am i wrong?

Not all "11 batches are bad. I put together a spreadsheet that lists all of the batches that have been confirmed as either good or bad that I will repost (people quit posting batch #'s so it hasn't been updated in awhile).

i thought you want the xxx10 batches. made from 2010. am i wrong?

'10 batches have all been good so far so they are the safest bet when buying dye. '11's have been hit or miss depending on the color. I don't know if they have converted all of the colors to the new formula yet for the powders so some may still be fine regardless of the batch #.

Not all "11 batches are bad. I put together a spreadsheet that lists all of the batches that have been confirmed as either good or bad that I will repost (people quit posting batch #'s so it hasn't been updated in awhile).

have you located the spreadsheet?

Latest posts