• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Technique Learning Method

Triflusal

* Ace Member *
I have recently discovered a new method of learning how to throw really really far. Do you want to throw like my boy Avery Jenkins?

Jenkins,%20Avery%20%28flex%29.JPG

Avery Jenkins, man rumored to have thrown far at some point

Well have I got the newest baddest technique out there for learning proper form. This is pure theory crafting and based on my own personal experience, so you better take it as truth or you have no idea what you are talking about.

Do You Remember When...​
People (on the internet of course) told you that your brand new innova champion discs star ape™ wasn't the best disc for you? Who was that guy to tell you what you can and can't throw and how to properly learn!? He probably doesn't even play disc golf. Anyway, it's time to break down my new training method:

• Never field practice!
Sounds crazy right? Well I'm here to tell you that you don't have to practice. That's right, who gets better at disc golf by not playing it? That doesn't make any sense, if you want to get good at something, you do it a lot!

• Only throw the baddest, fastest disc out there!
I bet you can't believe this either! For so long, all of those "internet users" have been telling everyone that fast discs are bad for your form! I'm here to tell you right now that it isn't true! How are you going to get more distance and better form if you don't throw the disc that can get you the most distance?

• Never analyze your own form!
How many times have people told you that "You need to post a video" or "300' isn't that long" or "You are probably strong arming the disc, but a video would be best". Who the hell are they to say your doing things wrong? Why do they need to see your throw? You kick ass at disc golf, your drinking buddies say so. You don't need someone on "the internet" to tell you something that you know is wrong. You don't even need to look at your own form, cause you are the one doing it!

• The only way you will get good is by playing once a week at the local 9 holer!
You don't need to practice, and you sure don't need a midrange. You are the baddest ass that ever set foot on the disc golf course, and you custom dyed champion boss is what proves it. You only need to play once a week, anything else is excessive.

• Anyone who can throw farther than you is probably lying
This one isn't so much a part of the method per se, but it is a wonderful truism!

With these five important steps you distance game will reach it's maximum potential. 350' may even be within your future! always remember, your personal experience is what trumps everything.

hqdefault.jpg

(These ideas are owned by David Feldberg an Ken Climo, they are from the DVD)

A couple things...

Will my Xcalibur work instead of an Ape?

Can I play half an 18 hole course instead of a 9 hole course?

Thanks yo!

Never practicing is true. Cheetahs don't stretch or practice killing gazelles, they run those mofos down. Disc golfing is pure instinct!

I tried his DVD's in the Waffle House parking lot tonight! I threw my 12x R-Pro Ape over 8 parking spots and three stacks of bacon. It really works. Thanks Trifusal,

You don't need to practice, and you sure don't need a midrange. You are the baddest ass that ever set foot on the disc golf course, and your custom dyed champion boss is what proves it. You only need to play once a week, anything else is excessive.
With these five important steps you distance game will reach it's maximum potential. 350' may even be within your future! always remember, your personal experience is what trumps everything.

:clap::clap::clap:

You don't need to practice, and you sure don't need a midrange. You are the baddest ass that ever set foot on the disc golf course, and you custom dyed champion boss is what proves it. You only need to play once a week, anything else is excessive.

Funny, but you had a spelling error. Sorry. :\

You forgot the step about lifting weights as much as you can, because disc golf is all about upper body strength. Other than that, I think you grasped most truths.

You forgot the step about lifting weights as much as you can, because disc golf is all about upper body strength. Other than that, I think you grasped most truths.

Actually upper body strength and coordination wouldn't hurt.

(Though I get your point :D)

I tried his DVD's in the Waffle House parking lot tonight! I threw my 12x R-Pro Ape over 8 parking spots and three stacks of bacon. It really works. Thanks Trifusal,

Funny stuff.

DVD's are surprisingly overstable.

You should add the part where even if you think about your shot you'll mess up; just choose a random disc, run up to your lie, and throw.