• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New Virginia Courses

Is the retired golf course Goose Creek? I used to play there, beautiful setting. Hard to believe they're not building homes or data centers there. I see Westpark no longer seems to be open, maybe there?

Nope Goose Creek got turned into a bunch of houses.

Also a ton of issue in the area regarding Data Centers, would seem the new power plant that was just built "Potomac Energy Center" is already out of power due to the influx of the Data Center market the past few years.

"Some" Data Centers in the region are looking at Natural Gas Turbine generators as a primary source of power as a result.

Sounds great! I hope to be in that area next summer and would love to give it a spin.
It will be a lot of fun. Great diversity without being too extreme in any one direction. The owner did the design and I went in and offered some advice which resulted in a few changes. To be clear Seven Springs is not the one I was talking about previously as not ready to be disclosed- that one is still a secret. :)

I thought part of it burned. Is it intact?
Holes 3, 4, and 5 were in the recent fire. But fortunately the playing areas had been recently cleared and the fire only burnt the wooded rough area. NONE of the baskets were touched. The fire was actually helpful in the course maintenance, lots of briars were destroyed.

Attachments

• IMG_1824.jpeg
    IMG_1824.jpeg
    379.7 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts