• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Clash Discs

I fondled some Tone discs the other day, they're pretty weird. Feels kind of like an undermold, so to speak; the entire underside of the rim seems to be made of a different plastic blend.

I'm not sure how it'll hold up, I could easily see it coming loose after a few rock hits, but I'm sure time will tell.

My friend who threw a few said they flew a bit more understable for him, but his technique isn't the best.
Oh, also threw these, ranged from pretty straightish to very understable for me, eeeasy distance; threw the most understable one like 430' the first time touching it with like 80% power, went way right of my intended line though.

I've acquired roughly a boat load of Clash molds during the winter that I really look forward to trying when the snow melts. The steady plastic feels amazing, it's right up my alley. I'll get around to posting some thoughts on each molds when I've thrown them on dry ground, but that's still months away.

The Soda is a really fun disc. Slots kind of right between a Mantis and Leopard 3. Tons of glide with controllable flip.

I've had the opportunity to throw the molds I acquired a couple of months back, but only on a short winter course (lots of snow) and on dry ground in the field. However, here are my initial thoughts:

Candy
  • Tried this in Hardy and Softy, both putting and throwing. It's straight and glidey, maybe the most glidey putting putter I've ever tried. Throwing is the same, it really wants to float and stay in the air, but it has a quite slow flight to it. Touch of turn and touch of fade. Flight numbers are fair.
Popcorn
  • Tried this in Steady and Hardy, only throwing so far. This feels shallower in the hand compared to the Candy, but I think that is due to it being flatter. This flies faster than the Candy, but doesn't glide as much. I would kinda compare this to the Proxy, it's not the same feel but it's a very similar flight. Touch of turn and touch of fade. Steady is maybe -0,5/1 and Hardy -1/0,5.
Peppermint
  • Very OS but still quite workable for the amount of fade it has. I think the HSS is similar to a Zone but it fades a bit harder, but it's definitely not as overstable as a Zone OS. I really like this but not sure it will find a spot due to me being married to the Zones. I like the Peppermint better for BH but the Zones better for FH.
Soda
  • Steady plastic. This feels awesome in the hand, like really really smooth. It's definitely understable, if I put power on it and release it on a hyzer it will flip up and over and not come back. I do however think it catches pretty well and doesn't feel as finicky as an Essence for example. It does not handle wind at all, but nothing this understable does. I really do think a lot of people would appreciate this disc, definitely a recommend.
Lotus
  • Steady plastic. This is probably my favourite of all the discs I tried. It's flat and feels just as good as the Sofa in the hand. Thrown hard this disc flips up, goes straight for a long while and then fades reliably. Flight numbers are spot on IMO. Not sure what I'm gonna compare the flight to, maybe a more overstable and reliable Undertaker, or a SOLF. It's very workable in the early part of the flight but the fade is always there. This might go in the bag but it fights with some other good discs so we'll see how that goes. Feels great for FH's as well.
Spice
  • Steady plastic, Eric Oakley signature run. This is basically a better feeling PD, not that the PD doesn't feel good, but this plastic and finish is something else. This is a great option for the moderately OS control driver. It's straighter and glides more than your typical Firebird-disc, but it's still very overstable and reliable. 10, 4, 0, 3 is probably more correct, I don't think it has a 4 fade.
Wild Honey
  • Steady plastic. Flat and very under stable, rolls pretty good. This always goes right for me so far, but haven't tried it in a tailwind yet. -2, 1 or even -3, 1 is probably more accurate IMO. Still pretty consistent and not too finicky.
Overall I'm very impressed with the plastic and finish. I haven't tried all their fairways, but judging from these three I think they have a very solid fairway lineup. Most glaring hole is probably a Firebird type disc, and I'm a bit surprised they haven't released a disc like that yet as that is a corner stone in a lot of players bags.

Last edited:
Got a Steady Peach (176g) for my birthday. Had it in my bag yesterday during a round to test out - never 'tested' it but threw it when it counted and it helped me get par the two times I threw it on holes that are usually frustrating to me.

The first hole I threw it on, I only used it because I didn't have my trusty Fission Hex I recently lost and wasn't confident with my 2023 OTB Open Neutron Soft Hex in my bag and decided against throwing my K1 Soft Kaxe and Cosmic Neutron Envy. I figured, 'Hey' why not give it a shot? Threw it with a nice straight release and wouldn't you know, it had a sweet gentle fade a few feet from the basket. Was really psyched. Can't wait to get out again and keep throwing this. As of now, I plan on keeping this in the bag even when I get my replacement Hex. (y)

Got to throw the Steady Salt for the first time today and really liked it. It's not the longest disc in my bag but still okay in the distance department. Smacked on a bit of hyzer it flips up and rides to the right a bit before a somewhat dumpy fade. Really flat and sits super well in the hand, like all Clash discs do. Was really nice for the FH. Need to try it some more but this might go in the bag.

I feel like I might go somewhat almost all in on Clash this season and bag all the molds I've tried so far, which would be eight. They feel super good in the hand and they're all flat, which I like.

I haven't tried any of their mids, but I'm not sure I'm going to either. From what I've heard they're on the domier side for mids?

Got to throw the Steady Salt for the first time today and really liked it. It's not the longest disc in my bag but still okay in the distance department. Smacked on a bit of hyzer it flips up and rides to the right a bit before a somewhat dumpy fade. Really flat and sits super well in the hand, like all Clash discs do. Was really nice for the FH. Need to try it some more but this might go in the bag.

I feel like I might go somewhat almost all in on Clash this season and bag all the molds I've tried so far, which would be eight. They feel super good in the hand and they're all flat, which I like.

I haven't tried any of their mids, but I'm not sure I'm going to either. From what I've heard they're on the domier side for mids?
The Mango has a bit of dome usually, like a traditional mid i.e. Rancho Roc but the Berry and Peach are fairly flat from my experience. I've been bagging a Peach for awhile now and the Berry is really growing on me. I like the Mango too but it's just not as overstable as the numbers say. It's like a slower Reactor or Malta. Mint and Peppermint are very flat too.

Latest posts