• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Newbie - What type of plastic Buzzz should I get?

danny12

Looking to get a starter mid range, been recommended the Buzz a lot, but which type of plastic is best?

Z plastic is the best to start with in my opinion. It's very durable so you can go ahead and hit as many trees as you want. The baseline (pro-D) plastic can be downright fragile at times.

What he said. As a newer player, a I'd recommend a little lighter weight: 170-175g.

Yeah get Z. I bought a 169, it was a perfect fit.

If you getting a Buzzz get a Z for sure, since your new though a less OS mid might be better. A Chsmpion Roc3 is very similar without being quite as overstable.

Elite X is my preferred plastic for the Buzzz. Great grip, very straight and easy to throw/control and breaks in nicely.
Z is a little more stable, but the plastic will last forever.

Plus the guy is new to the forums...why be rude? It is extremely easy to answer the question he asked.

OP elite X is a great plastic to start with for a buzzz but you can't go wrong with ESP or Z either.

Plus the guy is new to the forums...why be rude? It is extremely easy to answer the question he asked.

OP elite X is a great plastic to start with for a buzzz but you can't go wrong with ESP or Z either.

How was I rude? I provided links to the multiple previous threads on this topic for him to peruse. And my answer was very easy to provide.

Honestly I've always liked the ESP. Seemed more durable than Elite X but it's not as firm.

(Streets) I was speaking more toward the dude with the facepalm reply to yours. What you provided was very helpful no doubt.

I started with a X Buzzz, once it got nicely seasoned I bought Z Buzzz. They compliment each other well. I like the X more, probably my favorite disc.

Answer: It doesn't matter. Get a disc you're comfy with at first. But I would say ESP, Z, or X are all good choices. and yeah I'd go 165-172g for weight.

another good mid to try out : Prodigy M4, Innova Mako3, Innova Atlas, disraft Meteor, ... truth.....there are so many really. I think the fact that a Buzzz is a good mid and also its Everywhere and in many options, its a great disc to choose as a midrange. you can always replace a buzzz.

For short drivers: I'd say: Innova TL, Prodigy F5, Discraft XL,

Long drivers: Innova Beast, Innova Sidewinder, Discraft Mantis, Discraft Surge.

While I understand there may be a hundred threads on a subject, if everyone one used the search function, wouldn't the forums slowly die? There isn't really any new disc golf stuff that hasn't been said already (except for speculation on new disc releases)...

It's not exactly that. The point is that this question has already been asked countless times and there is no new knowledge to contribute to the subject.

Also, there are plenty of things still to discuss. We won't run out of topics anytime soon, even if these threads aren't submitted.

z buzzz for sure, and it is less OS then the roc and much better fro beginners.
Buzz is an all around awesome disc. When I play the one disc challenge with my buds, I grab the buzzz.

X in my opinion, sucks. ESP is good material, but I like the z better for my buzzz and you can get an x-out for cheap.

If you want a lighter weight, you'll have to go with Pro-D. I haven't seen Anything in Z or X lighter than 162g, but I have bought a couple of 145-150g Pro-D Buzzz discs from Gotta Go Gotta Throw.

If you don't want something light weight, I yield to what the others have said.

Latest posts