• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

newer player looking for a new driver.

that's not the way to learn to throw... mid ranges and understable discs imo. That's like handing a newbie a boss and say, "have fun!"

ha. it was kinda ment to be a joke but if u find someone determined enough it could work just the same. there would be alot of bad scores and not so fun times, but a yr from now they would have a monster arm.

i just want a disc that will do what it used to do

That would be a new Avenger SS. There are a lot of more stable discs that will beat in to fly similarly to a new SS, but if you have to have the same flight path, you're going to have to get a new replacement.

A plus to accepting a similar flight path is that you will start learning a slightly overstable disc. A Flash or Surge SS (both rated 1.5) could fill that slot. I'm sure that Omega's Millenium trio, in the order he listed, would suffice as well. I have only thrown the QJLS from them, but it seems like it would work also.

Also, I think people are calling you a noob because the discs in your bag are generally a good starter set for new players, not because you're asking this question.

stay away from the discrap. go beast or monarch

Why is there always somone saying something like this? If you are not sponsered by innova then you are a fool. I have 4 different brands in my bag and all of them fill roles that no other disc would as well as they do. Every company makes some good discs.

Why is there always someone saying something like this? If you are not sponsored by innova then you are a fool. I have 4 different brands in my bag and all of them fill roles that no other disc would as well as they do. Every company makes some good discs.

Yes. There's always someone who thinks that the biggest name is the best. He'll learn when he goes to replace one of his discs and finds that it doesn't feel the same as his last.

Wraith or Destroyer enough said

somebodys got a cannon , im not sure those are good new player discs.

wraith is the first disc i ever got to work for me...was just a suggestion, although i guess in the long run it maxed out my d real quick, i could throw 300-325 but wanted to throw farther, and now im having to tweak my form and its like learning all over again

VOTE HERE for Best Disc of All-time division 3, need 10 more votes to finalize poll

my 167 pro wraith wont get into high speed turn unless i throw it over 330 otherwise it just hooks , it pretty new and dosnt have any tree hits though.

if he can throw that far maybe a starfire would be good but i would normally not even suggest a 10 speed disc to a noob let alone a 11,12 speed disc:rolleyes:

Last edited:
my 167 pro wraith wont get into high speed turn unless i throw it over 330 otherwise it just hooks , it pretty new and dosnt have any tree hits though.

if he can throw that far maybe a starfire would be good but i would normally not even suggest a 10 speed disc to a noob let alone a 11,12 speed disc:rolleyes:

so no boss....:D.......damn:(

how about "the sloth"....its the slowest driver made to date...i saw it on dgvalues the other day, theyre prolly sold out by now....its as slow as a putter, feels like a driver, and throws about as as straight as a mid.....innova is supposed to put it out for mass production in a couple weeks....

anyone bought one yet?

Avenger SS sounds like a good disc. Valks are highly recommended for beginners too.

thanks for the help fellas, im gunna try out some friends different discs today at the football field and see what i like

Sounds like a great idea, just make sure you notice how beat up the various discs are and remember that brand new discs will fly differently (more overstable).

like the wraith alot, the boss...man o man lol. what a disc that is. one day i will master that animal...

also threw a sidewinder, groove, firebird, pulse, and some others..

Last edited:

Latest posts