• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Nikko's drive at the Player's Cup...

yaris.
images

They all look, and sound (do you hear that 'snap'?) good. If you listen to Feldberg's instructional stuff he talks about that 'athletic' stance that you get when you jump ... your body naturally gets lower, you get to the balls of your feet immediately, and have more bounce. Nikko appears to be working the whole body into his runup and throw; he's quite a bit lower than the rest of the first four throwers.

What a monster rip; you can tell he hit it just how he wanted to as well - straight lazer.

Sure enough, there is Feldberg doing it. Don't recall seeing him do it, but it seems like he likes to break down the physiology and science of the throw so it's not surprising to see him trying it out.

so I just experimented with this in the field and it is awesome. I think it may have solved my weight back issues by making me move quicker and shift my weight from back to forward, not center to barely forward or not forward at all. Its helped me start to hit some insane distances (unless the wind today played more of a factor then I believe it to have). I got OLFs out to around max 460', up from about maxing at 400'ish, and I got eagles out to around 440'ish (up from 400'-415'). I'm not sure what this did to my throw, but it is awesome. I'm gonna have to take some video and compare to my old throw. I'm gonna keep experimenting with this to see if today was a fluke, or if this is the real deal.

They all look, and sound (do you hear that 'snap'?) good.

audible snap doesn't really mean anything. It has more to do with the angle of the fingers when holding the disc, and it can be indicative of the disc slipping, not ripping.

this is what snap actually means

Last edited:
Was wondering where all those views came from so quick. I shoulda known it was the DG freaks at dgcr :thmbup: Your welcome

Good grief. If I could put that much effort into a drive something would certainly fail. Hence the reason I can only throw 300+/-. Cool vid though.

GG:

attachment.php

Jrawk:

attachment.php

I even threw mine 430ft

(on a severe downhill :( )

photo by Fredvegas

Attachments

• jrawk.jpg
    jrawk.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 74
Yeah, but you are throwing with the wrong hand. :p

Just call me Captain Obvious. Anyway, depending on what direction you were throwing it does look like GG has a slightly more closed stance at the hit. Kudos on the picture pairing, though. :)

I have been working on keeping my stance closed, with occasional success (easier on standstill throws at the moment).

oh no doubt.. my form has a lot to be desired, i wont deny that. next to GG it's easy to see my weight shift is lacking and I definately openned up too early,

Latest posts