• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] No number ascent?

Top Ramen Arm

Anyone have any Info on these? I've heard of small and big number but never no number. Also are they worth money and/or rare? I'm trying to figure out if it's going in the bag or hanging on the wall.

picture.php

picture.php

With no numbers it's a proto/first run. More likely to be a first run than proto, but still a possibility. Plenty of them out there, I think that I have 2 sitting in a bin right now.

Ok, I 'splain for you. Housekeeping.

The Ascent was Vibrams first disc that wasn't a putter, and nobody had a clue how to apply flight numbers to it, what Steve and the others did know, is that there was no way in hell they were going to use the numbering system the "other guys" used. :thmbdown:

So they released the disc in late 2009, first runs all looked like this,

images

It took a while to figure out a system they thought made sense, they produced the disc for at least a year before they started putting numbers on them. There are a lot of numberless models out there.
The one pictured above would be the most collectible, usually selling for over $100.00

The only other ones that would bring good money are the Palm Tree, and Maple Leaf Tournament models, as well as the most rare single run of 35 "Super Firms"

The Ascent is like a more wind resistant TeeBird, its a great disc for the slot, and I always bag one. Keep in mind the firmer the formula, the faster they will beat in.

Latest posts